Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Draw selection before handling selection events(RowPostSelectionProvider question)
Draw selection before handling selection events [message #1694544] Wed, 06 May 2015 07:47 Go to next message
Xavier Wolfs is currently offline Xavier WolfsFriend
Hello Dirk,

First, let me say thanks for all the help you provided me at the start of the year getting my tree to work in Nattable. I'm very satisfied with the finished product.

One last small thing we noticed is that when handling RowSelectionEvents, the selection isn't drawn until all the selection events have been handled. Normally, this isn't that much of a problem, except that sometimes there is a conciderable delay in handling the events. While debugging, it seems that a call I do to a part of the system I have no control over can, at times, take quite a bit of time (up to 5 seconds if I'm unlucky) to respond.

I tried using the RowPostSelectionProvider to handle these events, but it seems that even in this case the selection isn't drawn in time and it looks like my window is sluggish. Is there any way to force the selection to be drawn and shown before any of the row selection events are send out?
Re: Draw selection before handling selection events [message #1694647 is a reply to message #1694544] Wed, 06 May 2015 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't think so. It seems you are blocking the UI with your handler, therefore the NatTable is not redrawn. For me it sounds like you need to perform your handling in a background thread to keep the UI responsive.
Re: Draw selection before handling selection events [message #1694720 is a reply to message #1694647] Thu, 07 May 2015 11:17 Go to previous message
Xavier Wolfs is currently offline Xavier WolfsFriend
I figured out as much but was wondering (or rather hoping) that wasn't the case. Thanks anyway, product owner has given an ok anyway so it was more of a nice to have.
Previous Topic:Search value on particular column but not effect other column.
Next Topic:Create TreeView In Nat Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:44:32 GMT 2024