Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to open/install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers.(Unable to open/install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers.)
icon5.gif  Unable to open/install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers. [message #1694393] Tue, 05 May 2015 05:24 Go to next message
matt siegfried is currently offline matt siegfriedFriend
Im running OS X Yosemite, 10.10.13

I have Java version 8 (update 45) installed.

I downloaded Eclipes IDE for Java Developers, Mac OS X (cocoa) 64-bit

I double clicked the zip file and it was unzipped using mac's archive utility and created a folder called 'eclipse'.

When I open the folder and double click the eclipse icon app, the icon pops up on the icon bar at the bottom, i get a message saying " "eclipse" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers." and then the app closes.

Completely new to this, eclipse was something I had used briefly during college and I'm interested in playing around with it some more just to familiarize myself with it. Please assume I know very little to nothing, so no big words and terminology. Baby steps please.

Appreciate any help.
Matt
Re: Unable to open/install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers. [message #1694400 is a reply to message #1694393] Tue, 05 May 2015 06:38 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Try holding down Alt while double-clicking, or Ctrl and single click, to override.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse not running anymore
Next Topic:Very Slow compiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:25:15 GMT 2024