Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » JvmModel without Xbase?
JvmModel without Xbase? [message #1693965] Wed, 29 April 2015 15:15 Go to next message
Rodolfo AP is currently offline Rodolfo APFriend
Hi all, I'm enjoying my first weeks with xtext. But.

When I use the org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xbase grammar, the JvmModel is generated and I can use the JvmModelInferrer to generate code. I like it! But as soon as I get back to org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals, the standard generator replaces the former one.

I don't want to use the Xbase grammar call on the .xtext file. How can I use the JvmModelInferrer -for debugging purposes on the client- without using the xbase terminators?

Thanks, keep the good job up!

R
Re: JvmModel without Xbase? [message #1693967 is a reply to message #1693965] Wed, 29 April 2015 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
HI,

the jvmmodelinferer requires xbase.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: JvmModel without Xbase? [message #1694010 is a reply to message #1693967] Thu, 30 April 2015 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it seems, thanks. Just to know, which is the reason of this dependency? The JvmModelinferer looks nice, but as I understand it, it limits to a subset of DSLs...
Re: JvmModel without Xbase? [message #1694015 is a reply to message #1694010] Thu, 30 April 2015 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

you have a basic misunderstanding:

the jvmmodelinferrer is the the xbase implementation of an iderivedstatecomputer.
an iderivedstatecomputer has nothing todo with debuggability. (in the first place)
=> the debugabillity has nothing todo with jvmmodelinferrer
but is part of xbase's implementation of the derivedstatecomputer + jvmmodelgenerator/xbase compiler

Re: JvmModel without Xbase? [message #1694397 is a reply to message #1694015] Tue, 05 May 2015 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I agree but still see the dependence. I want to understand what I am misunderstanding Smile if no dependence, how can I use xtext resources to provide the eclipse debug model on the client instance of eclipse?

cheers!
Re: JvmModel without Xbase? [message #1694399 is a reply to message #1694397] Tue, 05 May 2015 06:15 Go to previous message
Hi,

you say: jvmmodelinferrer = debugability
i say: xbase = debugability

=> using jvmmodelinferrer without xbase to get debugability makes no sense.

i cannot answer you second question. you have to dig what xbase does about debugging

Previous Topic:edit Teneo-saved EMF Model in XText editor in RCP
Next Topic:Validation in Xtext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:27:47 GMT 2024