Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » EGit(I can't run my code)
EGit [message #1693729] Tue, 28 April 2015 02:29 Go to next message
Kendall Ponder is currently offline Kendall PonderFriend
I found my mistake so don't waste your time reading the rest of this. Sorry! I added an existing repository to Eclipse, checked out a branch and modified a file in my working directory but my Run As command says nothing is applicable and that is how I have always tested my programs before when I wasn't working with Egit.. How do I test my code with Egit? Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 28 April 2015 09:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EGit [message #1693731 is a reply to message #1693729] Tue, 28 April 2015 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Did you use the Git Repositories View to bring contents from the working directory into the Eclipse workspace as projects? Were the Eclipse metadata files, such as .project and .classpath, committed into the repository at some point? What makes it work on the original machine that you're missing on this one?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: EGit [message #1693770 is a reply to message #1693731] Tue, 28 April 2015 09:37 Go to previous message
Kendall Ponder is currently offline Kendall PonderFriend
I am an idiot. I had some errors in the code and when I fixed them I was able to use the Run As command. Thanks for the response and sorry to waste your time!
Previous Topic:Debugger stopped working
Next Topic:Eclipse for all IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:08:16 GMT 2024