Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized
"org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized [message #1693633] Mon, 27 April 2015 07:21 Go to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Hi,

I have a "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog which isn't recognized by Jubula. Neither the dialog or the buttons included in the dialog are recognized by Jubula in Object Mapping Mode. I have also tried to record pressing the dialog buttons in Observation Mode but nothing is recorded. This problem has only been seen with the "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog. All other dialogs work perfect!

Is there any known restrictions of the "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog?

index.php/fa/21665/0/

Any ideas of how to test this?

Regards Richard
Re: "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized [message #1693659 is a reply to message #1693633] Mon, 27 April 2015 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your question. The behaviour you're describing sounds like the behaviour we have for native dialogs from the system (e.g. file choosers). From the name of the class, it doesn't sound like one of them - I'll check it out.
You'll be able to use the actions "external key combination" to press e.g. enter or escape, as well as tab and specific keys. That should help you to get around it for the moment.

What version of Eclipse, SWT and Jubula are you using?

best regards,
Alex
Re: "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized [message #1693666 is a reply to message #1693659] Mon, 27 April 2015 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jubula: 8.0.00170
Eclipse: 3.8.2
SWT: 3.8.1.v3836b

I agree that the "external key combination" is a solution but it's not a good solution. If not being able to check the dialog name then I don't know which kind of dialog that is shown and if the dialog is shown at all. I could of course instead check if for example the 'File' menu is available, but the dialog name is then anyway still unknown.

Regards Richard
Re: "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized [message #1693693 is a reply to message #1693666] Mon, 27 April 2015 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Richard,

I know that the key combination way isn't ideal. I've got someone from the team looking at what sort of dialog this is. If it is indeed a "native dialog", then the external way is the only way of doing it at the moment: since components in system dialogs are not Java, addressing them via our Java robots isn't possible (at least, that's my understanding of it Wink ).

Best regards,
Alex
Re: "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized [message #1695512 is a reply to message #1693693] Fri, 15 May 2015 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Have you received any response from the Jubula team about if "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" is a native dialog or what kind of dialog it is?

Regards Richard

[Updated on: Fri, 15 May 2015 14:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MessageBox" dialog not recognized [message #1695773 is a reply to message #1695512] Tue, 19 May 2015 08:39 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Richard,

it seems [1] that currently the only option to handle this kind of dialogs is by using the "external key combination"-workaround. However feel free to comment on the attached ticket.
Regards
Oliver

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=467553
Previous Topic:How to define keyboard mappings
Next Topic:Is it possible to have multiple Jubula users connected to a PostgreSQL database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:34:31 GMT 2024