Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Use GenDoc with Capella
Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693437] Fri, 24 April 2015 09:02 Go to next message
Philippe Desanois is currently offline Philippe DesanoisFriend
Hi,

Using GenDoc with Capella generate an error message during <context> script evaluation :
"The executinio of a script failed: Error during generation of Gendoc script :Sting index out of range: -1"

Does some one use or test GenDoc with Capella.

You can see in file attachments : docx template file and capella files.

Thanks

Philppe

Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693631 is a reply to message #1693437] Mon, 27 April 2015 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello we did not yet tested with Capella can you describe your installation to reproduce it ?

Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693691 is a reply to message #1693631] Mon, 27 April 2015 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
the requested informations below.

Environement :
- OS Windows 7 Professionnale SP1
- Word 2010

Installation :
Capella 0.8.0 (64-bit) build id 2014-03-13_13-00-18
GenDoc 0.5.0.201411170936 (RC2)
Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693758 is a reply to message #1693691] Tue, 28 April 2015 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed I reproduce the problem, can you open a bug with the given files ?

Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693793 is a reply to message #1693758] Tue, 28 April 2015 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We found a workaround.
I don't know what are the impacts for Capella so please create a separate Capella for gendoc environment.

After installing gendoc, you have to install (update) latest release of EMF so do Help>Install New Software ... >
- in the url field insert http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna/
- group items by category
- in modeling category select EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework SDK (it should be an update icon)
then Next > Next > Finish > Restart

After restart, you should be able to generate your template.

As I said previously can you open a bug to keep a trace, we will analyze what is the minimum version of EMF required and will change that in our dependencies.

Regards

Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693900 is a reply to message #1693793] Wed, 29 April 2015 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
the workaround is working, I am able to generate file from the template. As you asked me, a bug has been opened (#465692).

But, i added two elements and one diagram, and modify my template to add their name.
The generation process runs without error for elements and one error for diagram. Then not any informations are displayed in the generated document neither for elements, neither for diagram.

Attachment files contain the modified models file, template file and log file.

Regards
Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1693916 is a reply to message #1693900] Wed, 29 April 2015 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems you attached wrong file
by the way please find in attachment a template which starts from the aird and then browse the diagrams.

I think as there is papyrus services in gendoc we should find some capella services helping for diagram retrieving

Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1694034 is a reply to message #1693916] Thu, 30 April 2015 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, it's ok.
I don't find a Capella bundle for gendoc.

Is it possible to get the diagrams owned by a model element, without specific bundle ? I would generate a document from melodymodeller and for some elements display an owned diagram.

I think the context must load the two models melodymodeller and aird, but starting by melodymodeller, i don't know how the aird can be loaded.

I guess, start by aird, don't allow generate a document based on element that isn't presented in any diagram or it doesn't own a diagram.

regards
Re: Use GenDoc with Capella [message #1694040 is a reply to message #1694034] Thu, 30 April 2015 08:40 Go to previous message
I've never heard about a capella gendoc bundle but it would make things easier, (actually a sirius bundle could be enough) can you open a bug (enhancement) about it to trace ?
if you start from capellamodeller file you can try to use element.load('aird') service to load the resource containing the diagrams

To get elements from a specific element it is possible, you have to browse the Sirius diagram metamodel and search for semantic element relationship

[Updated on: Thu, 30 April 2015 08:52]

Report message to a moderator

Next Topic:Using variable in gendoc tag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:08:12 GMT 2024