Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Injection mechanism with maven plugin issue
Injection mechanism with maven plugin issue [message #1693256] Wed, 22 April 2015 17:28 Go to next message
Tony Hedoux is currently offline Tony HedouxFriend
Hello,

I am currently doing few tests with the maven plugin for RCP TT runner.

My current setup is :
- an AUT explicitly identified
- a feature to install only at test time

I have no specific error at runtime (mvn clean install), but the feature is not installed in my AUT.

I can see it easily when the tests are running. I have check the AUT in target folder too, the feature has not been installed.

When I check the .target file generated, the content of my feature is present.

There is no error in the .log file, neither in the command line.

My pom/log/.target files are in attachment

Any help or clue will be welcome Smile

Tony
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 14.20KB, Downloaded 104 times)
  • Attachment: 1429722218220.target
    (Size: 20.15KB, Downloaded 218 times)
  • Attachment: pom.xml
    (Size: 2.16KB, Downloaded 133 times)

ALL4TEC
Re: Injection mechanism with maven plugin issue [message #1693261 is a reply to message #1693256] Wed, 22 April 2015 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasili Gulevich is currently offline Vasili GulevichFriend
Hello, Tony.

RCPTT injects plugins without modifying AUT installation, so inspecting AUT in target folder or in original location will not reveal them.

Please ensure that you include all dependencies of your feature in injection configuration. RCPTT does not inject dependencies automatically. (Current configuration implies you have no dependencies besides those installed in Eclipse already).

Also, please share AUT details which may contain related errors. You may find them in project's folder after build:

1. RCPTT-generated config files: target/runner-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/<your aut name>/config.ini
2. Generated bundles.info: target/runner-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/<your aut name>/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info (if present)
3. Generated .launch file: target/runner-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches/<your aut name>.launch
4. AUT 's console output target/results/aut-console-*_console.log

[Updated on: Wed, 22 April 2015 18:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Injection mechanism with maven plugin issue [message #1693307 is a reply to message #1693256] Thu, 23 April 2015 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vasili & Andrey,

I have added as attachment the files you speak about.

Indeed, it seems there is a dependency issue (see the aut-console-0_console.log file).

I have some difficulties to understand it. When I perform a manual installation of the feature, there is no particular issue with dependencies.

I will continue to dig a bit, thanks for your help.

Tony

ALL4TEC
Re: Injection mechanism with maven plugin issue [message #1693390 is a reply to message #1693307] Thu, 23 April 2015 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasili Gulevich is currently offline Vasili GulevichFriend
During usual installation Eclipse resolves dependencies of fresh software, but RCPTT injection does not. Also, no actual installation happens, your AUT is just ran as a specially crafted target definition.

I can't see console.log file. Could you please attach it? It is the most important one, because it explicitly states which dependencies are missing.

Re: Injection mechanism with maven plugin issue [message #1696650 is a reply to message #1693390] Wed, 27 May 2015 15:58 Go to previous message
Thanks.

By modifying a bit the feature provided, the dependencies issues disappeared. Your diagnostic was the good one.

Tony

ALL4TEC
Previous Topic:Not able to start the record test case feature for AUT
Next Topic:Any RCPTT ECL commands for OSGi API's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:10:28 GMT 2024