Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning
JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1693223] Wed, 22 April 2015 13:13 Go to next message
Alvin Hong is currently offline Alvin HongFriend
Hi,

I just installed JSF 3.7.2.v201410101742 with WTP in Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers Version Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2) and wanted to try my hand at creating a new Web page.

The first thing I notice is that the drag and drop functionality does not seem to work on absolute positioning. I have hundreds and hundreds of data entry and enquiry screens in my application and it is a requirement that I or less technical developer colleagues can move fields around on the screen visually, as per the user requirements. The trick to see it in "Preview" is not viable for us, we need to click a component, drag it to an arbitrary position on the screen, release the mouse, and see that the component has moved.

What do I need to do to get this functionality from JSF in Eclipse?

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1693426 is a reply to message #1693223] Fri, 24 April 2015 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My question is not answered yet. I don't see a lot of activity on this forum. What is the issue here, is it a lack of interest in the product or is there some other place where I need to go to get help about it?

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1693665 is a reply to message #1693426] Mon, 27 April 2015 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My question is not answered yet. I don't see a lot of activity on this forum. What is the issue here, is it a lack of interest in the product or is there some other place where I need to go to get help about it?

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1693917 is a reply to message #1693665] Wed, 29 April 2015 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1694282 is a reply to message #1693917] Mon, 04 May 2015 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1694563 is a reply to message #1694282] Wed, 06 May 2015 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1694844 is a reply to message #1694563] Fri, 08 May 2015 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1694982 is a reply to message #1694844] Mon, 11 May 2015 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1695561 is a reply to message #1694982] Sat, 16 May 2015 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My question is not answered yet. I am still waiting for an answer to my question.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1695794 is a reply to message #1695561] Tue, 19 May 2015 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My question is not answered yet. I am still waiting for an answer to my question.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696188 is a reply to message #1695794] Fri, 22 May 2015 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696265 is a reply to message #1696188] Sun, 24 May 2015 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not resolved and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696391 is a reply to message #1696265] Tue, 26 May 2015 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not resolved and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696427 is a reply to message #1696391] Tue, 26 May 2015 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
On 5/26/2015 5:21 AM, Alvin Hong wrote:
> Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not resolved
> and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some
> answers it would be a great help.
>
> Thanks
>
> a

I think your best bet for getting some answer is
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html. I don't work on
JSF, but your question seems a bit too open ended to expect a useful
response.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696538 is a reply to message #1696427] Wed, 27 May 2015 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Larry, your link doesn't work and your post isn't helping. The question was very specific about precisely which versions I was using and the requirement was formulated in terms a 10 year-old could understand - I repeat them:

We need to click a component, drag it to an arbitrary position on the screen, release the mouse, and see that the component has moved.

I do not know a way to formulate this requirement more simply.

I sense this community is avoiding the question because this basic, basic feature which you expect from any visual designer simply isn't supported and nobody cares.

If someone would fess up and confirm that, we could stop wasting each other's time.
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696874 is a reply to message #1696538] Fri, 29 May 2015 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not resolved. I am monitoring this topic on an almost daily basis and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1696937 is a reply to message #1696874] Fri, 29 May 2015 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
On 5/29/2015 4:10 AM, Alvin Hong wrote:
> Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not
> resolved. I am monitoring this topic on an almost daily basis and I am
> still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it
> would be a great help.
>
> Thanks
>
> a

I think what you are encountering is "simple requirement" != "simple
solution". I suspect what you want implemented is actually quite
difficult and an answer that would actually help you would be time
consuming to write. You may need to demonstrate a willingness to do
some "heavy lifting" before someone with the knowledge will bother to
spend that much of their free time to answer you.

There is nothing stopping you from examining the current source to see
if there are any possibility of improving it, as trying to rewrite it
will likely mean you will be mostly on your own.

Since I am not able to actually help answer your question, I will bow
out at this point.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1697047 is a reply to message #1696937] Mon, 01 June 2015 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not resolved. I am monitoring this topic on an almost daily basis and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1697360 is a reply to message #1697047] Wed, 03 June 2015 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1697437 is a reply to message #1697360] Wed, 03 June 2015 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
At this point you are just spamming. I think you can safely assume that what you are looking for doesn't exist and move on.
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1697938 is a reply to message #1697437] Tue, 09 June 2015 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over a month old but it is not resolved. I am monitoring this topic on an almost daily basis and I am still looking for a response. I am looking for a response, not to make assumptions as Konstantin suggests I do.

If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1697956 is a reply to message #1697938] Tue, 09 June 2015 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
If you persist with spamming this forum, your account will be banned. Your question is on the record. If someone desires to give you more concrete answers that you seek, they are free to do so.
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1698051 is a reply to message #1697956] Wed, 10 June 2015 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin, It is not my intention to spam this forum but it is not my intention to wait indefinitely for answers. Having looked at your site I do not see any indication of limitations on thread bumps so I'm not aware of my behavior violating any policies, certainly not anything that would merit a ban. On the other hand, I have asked a question about basic functionality of the technology this forum is dedicated to and I have the impression I am being ignored, and now being called "spammer" and threatened with punishment so I am confused.

I would like to talk about absolute positioning in the JSF Visual Designer. Can we talk about that please.
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1699632 is a reply to message #1698051] Thu, 25 June 2015 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I installed JSF 3.7.2.v201410101742 with WTP in Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers Version Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2) and wanted to try my hand at creating a new Web page.

The first thing I notice is that the drag and drop functionality does not seem to work on absolute positioning. I have hundreds and hundreds of data entry and enquiry screens in my application and it is a requirement that I or less technical developer colleagues can move fields around on the screen visually, as per the user requirements. The trick to see it in "Preview" is not viable for us, we need to click a component, drag it to an arbitrary position on the screen, release the mouse, and see that the component has moved.

What do I need to do to get this functionality from JSF in Eclipse?

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1703813 is a reply to message #1699632] Wed, 05 August 2015 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over 3 months old but it is not resolved. I am monitoring this topic on an almost daily basis and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1706358 is a reply to message #1703813] Wed, 26 August 2015 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, the original question is now over 4 months old but it is not resolved. I am monitoring this topic on an almost daily basis and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Re: JSF Visual Designer Absolute Positioning [message #1709546 is a reply to message #1706358] Tue, 29 September 2015 08:26 Go to previous message
This question is over 5 months old but do not be fooled; I am monitoring this thread on an almost daily basis and I am still looking for a response. If anyone can provide some answers it would be a great help.

Thanks

a
Previous Topic:Eclipse CSS3 Profiler missing autocompletion
Next Topic:Configuring Proxy for a tomcat v6 test server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:45:06 GMT 2024