Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Development- Still Possible?(Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Developement- Is it still Possible?)
Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Development- Still Possible? [message #1692810] Sun, 19 April 2015 14:31 Go to next message
andrea morris is currently offline andrea morrisFriend
I downloaded Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1.5.1.20120920-0737 epp.package.java (juno) on 1/18/13, onto my Dell Latitude Intel T2400 @ 1.83 GHz, with Windows XP Pro and developed and ran java programs/aps successfully standalone. This allowed me to experiment and learn without networking.

I cannot upgrade this computer operating system, and have been forced to use it to access the internet for email, which often forces unwanted upgrades.

First, if I tried to access and run my old programs I got the "can't create extension" error. I created a new workspace and could access the programs, but now when I try to run them I get the "Ant Build" demand.

Is there anyway to run these old programs standalone on this old computer/operating system (Windows XP) with this old package (Juno)?
Re: Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Development- Still Possible? [message #1692926 is a reply to message #1692810] Mon, 20 April 2015 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
It's not clear what, exactly, you're experiencing. Can you provide more details about what you experience when you try to run your program(s)? Perhaps include screen shots if it would help.
Re: Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Development- Still Possible? [message #1693097 is a reply to message #1692926] Tue, 21 April 2015 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrea morris is currently offline andrea morrisFriend
Hi Eric:

Thanks for replying. I spent some more time trying different things. I'm using old Juno pacakages on an old XP op system. It looks like I damaged some of my source code, and then accidently updated my stand alone Eclipse load with some network connection.
Now I can't run the old code on the new updated Eclipse (with Mylyn), and can't get some ofthe old code to edit from the old Workplace. You asked so here are some screen shots.
Re: Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Development- Still Possible? [message #1693107 is a reply to message #1693097] Tue, 21 April 2015 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You really should attach screenshots directly rather than embedding them in something else like a Word document or PDF.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Standalone Juno Eclipse Java Development- Still Possible? [message #1693126 is a reply to message #1693097] Tue, 21 April 2015 23:52 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 04/21/2015 10:16 AM, andrea morris wrote:
> Hi Eric:
>
> Thanks for replying. I spent some more time trying different things. I'm using old Juno pacakages on an old XP op system. It looks like I damaged some of my source code, and then accidently updated my stand alone Eclipse load with some network connection.
> Now I can't run the old code on the new updated Eclipse (with Mylyn), and can't get some ofthe old code to edit from the old Workplace. You asked so here are some screen shots.
>
What is the "Eclipse Java developer" you claim to access?
Previous Topic:Server Runtime Environment and Tomcat
Next Topic:Eclipse 3.8 + Architexa 2.0.2.201406020043
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:03:00 GMT 2024