Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Provisioning Eclipse(Trying to provision Eclipse through pluginCustomization)
icon5.gif  Provisioning Eclipse [message #1692750] Fri, 17 April 2015 14:12 Go to next message
Julius Schwartzenberg is currently offline Julius SchwartzenbergFriend
I'm trying to provision Eclipse here through its pluginCustomization feature. I have Puppet scripts which create an extra desktop link which runs Eclipse with the -pluginCustomization switch pointing to an ini file in /etc which has the required customizations.

My understanding is that this is the easiest way to have Eclipse set up new workspaces automatically with a fixed set of preferences.

In my experiments I found that this does not work for any non-trivial preference. I reported this in bug #459864.

Am I doing it in the correct way? Does anyone have experience with this? Would it be doable to look into fixing this bug myself? I do not really know the Eclipse code base.
Re: Provisioning Eclipse [message #1692758 is a reply to message #1692750] Fri, 17 April 2015 15:12 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You should look at the Oomph project; it probably provides most of the capability you're looking for.
Oomph also has a dedicated forum, found on the Forums home page under the category Eclipse Projects.
Previous Topic:plugin not working
Next Topic:Help me java.lang on math
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:16:33 GMT 2024