Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Krikkit » General questions about project scope and java demos
General questions about project scope and java demos [message #1692560] Thu, 16 April 2015 13:27
Apostolos Papageorgiou is currently offline Apostolos PapageorgiouFriend
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing Krikkit with us!

The first general question should probably be whether anyone is using this forum. However, I'll skip this and go straight to my questions, hoping not to waste too much of your time.

With regard to the scope:
- Component 2 (as described at eclipse.org/proposals/technology.krikkit/) is not present at all in the git repository yet, right?
- What is the status and your intention about future extensions of the format of the rules? Is it open to new use cases, i.e., new JSON elements, or do you have a concrete usage in mind from your experience in the Data in Motion product?

With regard to the demos (given that my deployment is running, I assume that the answer to all my questions is just "yes", so I am just checking that I did not do something accidentally):
- The Network edge (e.g., an M2M/IOx GW) MUST run a WebDAV-enabled server at the IP/port specified at the srcAddr/srcPort of the demos, right?
- The .key and the .crt provided with the demo are supposed to be used for the WebDAV server of the network edge, while the dmkeystore.jks shall be used on the machine that runs the demos, correct? (this means that I can ignore these three files if I test with my own WebDAV server installed on the edge device and add its certificate into a keystore of the test client device, right?)

With regard to JSON:
- I assume you have had your reasons, but -strictly speaking- the format of the rules created by fillBodyMsg of the APIHelper is not JSON, because of the trailing commas. This prevents the use of standard JSON parsers on the edge device. I have written a Gson-based alternative of fillBodyMsg, avoiding the manual TABs, the trailing commas etc. Shall I post it or are you just avoiding the use of external libraries? Well, gson should be quite "safe" in this context...
Previous Topic:Welcome to eclipse.krikkit
Next Topic:This forum has been archived
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:47:47 GMT 2024