Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Adding default information for new process files
Adding default information for new process files [message #1692461] Thu, 16 April 2015 01:27 Go to next message
Adam Fowler is currently offline Adam FowlerFriend
I've read and used the fantastic new tutorials to create a new basic runtime with restricted Activity type support. Thanks for the docs!!!

I have two slightly advanced questions around creating a custom Process diagram type:-
1. How can I alter my plugin so that 'MarkLogic Workflow Process Diagram' appears next to 'jBPM process diagram' in the Eclipse new file dialog
2. How can I have this new process diagram automatically add default XSD imports, and provide OOTB pre-built process level Operation and Message definitions?

Got a flight now from SFO to LHR, so no urgent answer needed!

Thanks!
Re: Adding default information for new process files [message #1692587 is a reply to message #1692461] Thu, 16 April 2015 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Adam,

The "jBPM process diagram" in the BPMN2 new file category is actually contributed by a New File Wizard class. Please have a look at the jBPM plugin.xml and the NewJbpmProcessWizard classes.

The jBPM wizard also demonstrates how to inject your own initial BPMN2 code into the new file. There is an enhancement request to expand this capability and make it easier to define initial process templates - if you have the spare cycles and are so inclined, I would appreciate some help in this area Wink

Cheers,
Bob
Re: Adding default information for new process files [message #1692616 is a reply to message #1692587] Thu, 16 April 2015 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Fowler is currently offline Adam FowlerFriend
Hi Bob,

I've managed to use the jBPM example to create my two process diagram types. Still debugging at the moment, but it looks good.

Although I'd love to contribute to the core project, I'm a bit strapped for time now. Having said that, if our requirements for initial BPMN2 xml get any more complex we may have to do this work anyway. For example, we also want to include a link to an XSD for the product in the result BPMN2 file. I suspect this'll require some clever classpath jiggery-pokery, and probably more complex XML generation than is possible in the multi line string method employed in the jBPM example.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
Re: Adding default information for new process files [message #1692745 is a reply to message #1692616] Fri, 17 April 2015 13:54 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Thanks Adam. I have some ideas I'd like to share with you, so let me know if you do decide to start work on this.

Cheers,
Bob
Previous Topic:How to change the Label of a extended featureContainer
Next Topic:One or two runtimes?...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:43 GMT 2024