Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Library Javadoc JAR linked, but now showing(I'm having problems with displaying linked Javadoc)
Library Javadoc JAR linked, but now showing [message #1692423] Wed, 15 April 2015 15:05 Go to next message
Honza Jedlicka is currently offline Honza JedlickaFriend
Hi, I have a problem with opening Javadoc of JAR library. Even though it has been linked, verified, and can be opened in a browser from the verifier, it simply does not show up in the code editor.

Please check the screenshots, any help will be highly appreciated ;)
Re: Library Javadoc JAR linked, but now showing [message #1692588 is a reply to message #1692423] Thu, 16 April 2015 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Are you certain that the class and package you're using are actually present in the JAR you've attached Javadoc for, and that the JavaDoc for that class is at the proper location?
Can you get the source instead? Attaching source not only gives you access to the code but also is used to populate the JavaDoc tooltips.
Re: Library Javadoc JAR linked, but now showing [message #1692592 is a reply to message #1692588] Thu, 16 April 2015 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honza Jedlicka is currently offline Honza JedlickaFriend
I've actually attached both Javadoc and source JARs. As you can see on the screenshot, I downloaded the main jar, sources and Javadoc JARs, added the main JAR and attached the source and Javadoc to it. But it's like they aren't there.. Wink And yes, those are the correct files, from the same repository and same release - please check the first screenshot.
Re: Library Javadoc JAR linked, but now showing [message #1692598 is a reply to message #1692592] Thu, 16 April 2015 17:05 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Just grasping at straws since this feature has always been reliable for me...
Some things to double-check:
That the same library (perhaps different versions) is not on the project build path more than once.
That the MovieDBHelper class in the MadMovies project (as opposed to one of the other projects shown in your Package Explorer.
What happens if you press F3 while the cursor is on one of the ormlite classes or methods? Do you get the source code or the "No source attachment" screen?
Does the JavaDoc or source work for any other libraries that you use?
Previous Topic:Hot Swap is not working when changes made in Try{} block
Next Topic:Team Synchronizing - Eclipse synchronizes on commit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:33:04 GMT 2024