Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » xtext-utils updates?
xtext-utils updates? [message #1692180] Tue, 14 April 2015 07:56 Go to next message
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I think this can be of interest for many xtext users.

What is the status of the xtext-utils project? I am only using the unit testing library. Is the code stable and it didn't need updates since 2012?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to include this support in the Xtext SDK? Or is there any alternative?

best regards,
Vlad
Re: xtext-utils updates? [message #1692688 is a reply to message #1692180] Fri, 17 April 2015 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have decided to fork the code for my own use. It's at https://github.com/vladdu/xtext.unittesting

I have fixed a couple of issues that were in the backlog.

I will not do any releases unless there is sufficient interest.

regards,
Vlad
Re: xtext-utils updates? [message #1694438 is a reply to message #1692688] Tue, 05 May 2015 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fredrik Attebrant is currently offline Fredrik AttebrantFriend

I tried to use xtext-utils for testing of our grammar, but ran into problems as we need to execute the tests as JUnit plug-in test - not just JUnit tests.
Then the xtext-utils fails to load the grammar files under test.

This is caused by the fact that the JUnit plug-in tests uses a different classloader than the JUnit tests.

Have you tried this?
Maybe your fork could be used to add support for JUnit plug-in test execution..

Re: xtext-utils updates? [message #1694456 is a reply to message #1694438] Tue, 05 May 2015 12:25 Go to previous message
No, I didn't consider this. If the only problem is locating the grammar files, then I think it might be relatively easy to fix. Please open a ticket on GitHub.

Previous Topic:Validation in Xtext
Next Topic:Error with xtext (ui editor)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:48:06 GMT 2024