Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EVL and xmi:ids
EVL and xmi:ids [message #1692036] Sun, 12 April 2015 15:02 Go to next message
Leila S is currently offline Leila SFriend
Hi,
Hope you doing well.
These days I'm working on EVL. I use my program( in EVL) as a transformer and synchronizer between two models (I don't want to use ETL because it is required to synchronize two models). To reach my goal, I use a third model as a trace model. My trace meta-model is so simple. It contains some one to one trace links; A trace link in the trace model has two EReferences, one for referring to a source element and the other for a target element.
Consider the below code be a part of the source model(the source model is created in an Exeed editor manually)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<Families:Family xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:Families="Families" xmi:id="_XugEAOAbEeSVFNN4w4US8g" lastName="Smith">
  <father xmi:id="_tG1nwOEREeSLGIKoSSThBQ" firstName="Tom"/>
  <mother xmi:id="_xLIjoOEREeSLGIKoSSThBQ" firstName="Sue"/>
  <sons xmi:id="_hecHgOAwEeSVFNN4w4US8g" firstName="John"/>
</Families:Family>

And its corresponding target model is created automatically by EVL program:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<xmi:XMI xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:Persons="Persons">
  <Persons:Male fullName="John Smith"/>
  <Persons:Female fullName="Sue Smith"/>
  <Persons:Male fullName="Tom Smith"/>
</xmi:XMI>

The trace model that is created automatically by my EVL program is:
<EVLTrace:OneToOne eqField="John">
    <source href="source.model#_hecHgOAwEeSVFNN4w4US8g"/>
    <target href="target.model#/0"/>
  </EVLTrace:OneToOne>
  <EVLTrace:OneToOne eqField="Sue">
    <source href="source.model#_xLIjoOEREeSLGIKoSSThBQ"/>
    <target href="target.model#/1"/>
  <EVLTrace:OneToOne eqField="Tom">
    <source href="source.model#_tG1nwOEREeSLGIKoSSThBQ"/>
    <target href="target.model#/2"/>

Now consider I want to delete "Persons:Female Sue Smith" from the target model, so my trace model will be confused. because by deleting "Sue Smith" from target model, the OneToOne trace link "Sue" refers to "target.model#/1" that is now "Tom Smith" in the target model, and the OneToOne trace link "Tom" refers to an empty EObject.
I research about it, and I know it is because of xmi:ids which are not appeared in the target model (I'm not sure!!). To be appeared them I used the command (my all models).resource.useXmiIds= true; in a pre block in the first part of my EVL program, however, this below error is happened:
Property 'useXmiIds' not found in object org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIResourceImpl@f9a665
I don't know what I should do:(
Bests,
Leila
icon9.gif  Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1692280 is a reply to message #1692036] Tue, 14 April 2015 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea?
Please, I need the answer to continue my research.
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1692373 is a reply to message #1692280] Wed, 15 April 2015 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Leila,

A few months ago we cleaned up the EMF-related Epsilon code so that Epsilon would become a better EMF citizen and it looks like the .useXmiIds feature did not survive the clean-up. I've restored this feature for XMI models with a .model extension in the Git repo [1, 2] and will roll out a new interim version shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1692436 is a reply to message #1692373] Wed, 15 April 2015 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
Thanks for your helpful replies.
I'm looking forward to the new interim version.
Bests,
Leila
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1692849 is a reply to message #1692436] Mon, 20 April 2015 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Leila,

The new interim version will most likely be available by the end of the week.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1693331 is a reply to message #1692849] Thu, 23 April 2015 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Leila,

A new interim version is now available under http://download.eclipse.org/epsilon/interim/

Cheers,
Dimitris

[Updated on: Thu, 23 April 2015 09:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1693404 is a reply to message #1693331] Thu, 23 April 2015 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
Thanks, the new version works like a charm.

Bests,
Leila
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1697736 is a reply to message #1693331] Sun, 07 June 2015 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oleg Orlov is currently offline Oleg OrlovFriend
Hi Dimitris,
I also need useXmiIds feature.
Is there any chance to get jar files to use epsilon without eclipse before stable release 1.3?
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1698023 is a reply to message #1697736] Wed, 10 June 2015 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

We updated the interim standalone JARs yesterday, in case you would like to try them.
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1760677 is a reply to message #1692036] Mon, 01 May 2017 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
The command
(my all models).resource.usexmiids= true;
cannot work for .xmi files(models). Why?
It is needed to change the file format from .xmi to .model. how can I use the mentioned command for .xmi files?

Bests,
Leila.
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1760785 is a reply to message #1760677] Tue, 02 May 2017 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Leila,

This happens because Epsilon's custom DefaultXMIResource resource implementation is only configured to be used for files with a ".model" extension [1]. For ".xmi" files, EMF's XMIResourceImpl is used which does not provide a usexmiids property.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf/src/org/eclipse/epsilon/emc/emf/EmfModel.java#n363
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1760871 is a reply to message #1760785] Wed, 03 May 2017 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
Is there any way to change the file extension from .xmi to .model by EOL commands?

Bests,
Leila.
Re: EVL and xmi:ids [message #1761336 is a reply to message #1760871] Tue, 09 May 2017 18:37 Go to previous message

Hi Leila,

You'd have to use Java to do this [1].

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/
Previous Topic:Saving uml model
Next Topic:Use Epsilon in standalone without Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:29:24 GMT 2024