Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Computer freeze when I hit "Run As Java Application" on Eclipse
Computer freeze when I hit "Run As Java Application" on Eclipse [message #1692017] Sun, 12 April 2015 06:37 Go to next message
Eva Eva is currently offline Eva EvaFriend
Hi all,
So I've been using Eclipse for a few months (without any problems) to work on a java game project.
Just now I made yet another modification to my code, and when I hit RUN AS... to test my game, the whole computer freezes and I have no choice but to switch it off.

I don't understand what it could be, the code shows no errors...

Thanks for reading this Smile
Re: Computer freeze when I hit "Run As Java Application" on Eclipse [message #1692129 is a reply to message #1692017] Mon, 13 April 2015 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
If the entire machine freezes and this continues to happen, I'd run a battery of memory and motherboard diagnostics. Generally the purpose of the OS is to esure a program does not interfere with others, and crash is pretty major interference.

You should also check your Java installation; it's possible that you're somehow triggering some pathological behaviour that's been fixed or worked-around.

Brian.
Re: Computer freeze when I hit "Run As Java Application" on Eclipse [message #1781506 is a reply to message #1692129] Thu, 08 February 2018 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Predd Ded is currently offline Predd DedFriend
Hi,

I have same problem with "Run As Java Application" on Eclipse Kepler IDE, but my entire machine doesn't freeze, only Eclipse IDE freezes.

Help on this would be appreciated :)
Re: Computer freeze when I hit "Run As Java Application" on Eclipse [message #1781558 is a reply to message #1781506] Thu, 08 February 2018 13:57 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Predd, that sounds like a deadlock. Please try using some of the techniques in the following page to get a stack dump:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock
Previous Topic:Display of custom dialog on exporting file/project
Next Topic:Regarding clickable labels in eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:03:30 GMT 2024