Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Installing and using Mylyn Monitor(How to install Mylyn Monitor separately and where is it storing data)
Installing and using Mylyn Monitor [message #1691755] Thu, 09 April 2015 13:45 Go to next message
Marko Gašparič is currently offline Marko GašparičFriend
Dear all,

Maybe my question will seem trivial to some of you, but it is definitely giving me a headache...

I would like to know if it is truly possible to install Mylyn Monitor separately, as is written here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_Integrator_Reference#Monitor_API. And where can I get it? Is there a url?

Furthermore, I would like to know where are the interaction history logs stored. I spent a day googling, but I couldn't find the answers. So, I am kindly asking for help.

Best regards,
Re: Installing and using Mylyn Monitor [message #1692285 is a reply to message #1691755] Tue, 14 April 2015 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

You can install "Mylyn Commons Connector: Monitor" from the update site http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest if you uncheck "Group items by category." The logs are stored in <workspace>\.metadata\.mylyn.

Cheers,
Sam
Re: Installing and using Mylyn Monitor [message #1692763 is a reply to message #1692285] Fri, 17 April 2015 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marko Gašparič is currently offline Marko GašparičFriend
Thanks, for the reply! However, I still have problems.

I was indeed able to install Monitor from the link; even if I deleted all Mylyn plugins.
But Monitor doesn't collect any data! If I use Mylyn tasks and activate them explicitly, I can see stored files in <workspace>\.metadata\.mylyn, which also contain the data I am interested in. However, I am unable to collect any data without interacting with Mylyn.

I though that the point of using Mylyn Monitor as a "stand-alone" plugin is to collect the same data without defining and switching tasks. What am I missing here?

Is it possible to collect data with Mylyn without any interaction with Mylyn (i.e., in a fully automated way) at all?

Cheers,

[Updated on: Fri, 17 April 2015 17:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installing and using Mylyn Monitor [message #1693284 is a reply to message #1692763] Wed, 22 April 2015 20:59 Go to previous message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
I don't know much about Mylyn monitor but I assume you would need to write your own plugin to invoke it and tell it what data to collect and when. That's essentially what Mylyn Context is doing. A simpler approach would just be to activate a task (this can be done programmatically quite easily) and keep that task active all the time.
Previous Topic:using gerrit connector against openstack.review.org ?
Next Topic:Mylyn 3.15 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:23:17 GMT 2024