Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » newbee: How to locate an element in the model explorer((found an element in a diagram, like to know the position in the model explorer)
newbee: How to locate an element in the model explorer( [message #1691439] Tue, 07 April 2015 09:37 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
After a while my model became too cluttered so I had to reorganize it into packages
I do so by moving elements from one position in the tree of the model explorer to the package.

For example I want to move all elements visible on a diagram to belong to a new package. Selection by name do not work properly because the name may not be unique. In Rhapsody I do ctrl-l, in System-Architect I do Alt-G.
Re: newbee: How to locate an element in the model explorer( [message #1691442 is a reply to message #1691439] Tue, 07 April 2015 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The same question appears to me in the opposite direction: If I select an element in model explorer, how to find all diagrams where it is visible? Right clicking on an element in model explorer did not help me. In Rhapsody there is a navigation menu and in System Architect I use ctrl-U.
Re: newbee: How to locate an element in the model explorer( [message #1692982 is a reply to message #1691442] Tue, 21 April 2015 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another navigation issue would be: How to locate an element in a big package like "UML 2.5.0 Metamodel" in "StandardProfile"?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 April 2015 05:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: newbee: How to locate an element in the model explorer( [message #1693006 is a reply to message #1692982] Tue, 21 April 2015 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

The ModelExplorer has a double arrow button which is used to synchronize ModelExplorer selection and Diagram/Table selection (In both directions). So if you enable this, and select an element in the diagram, it will also be selected in the ModelExplorer. It is less true in the other direction, because the ModelExplorer -> Diagram synchronization only works for the active diagram (So it won't let you "find" elements in a diagram). For the later use case, it may be easier to use the Search feature of Papyrus (Ctrl + F or Ctrl + H)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
icon7.gif  Re: newbee: How to locate an element in the model explorer( [message #1695029 is a reply to message #1693006] Mon, 11 May 2015 13:22 Go to previous message
Super, thank you Camille.
Previous Topic:Create own kind of diagrams
Next Topic:import an uml model into ecore file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:07:09 GMT 2024