Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » PHP Website to Android App?
PHP Website to Android App? [message #1691390] Mon, 06 April 2015 23:39 Go to next message
Nick Leeson is currently offline Nick LeesonFriend
hi, I have a fully developed php website and I'm looking to build a native app for it that works together with the site, like using same databases ect.

now in my untrained and simple mind it would seem that I should be able to import the php, zend and phtml folders and files into something like eclipse and convert them into a native app. after making a new UX to fit for mobile devices of course as my site is not exactly mobile ready.

Is my thinking correct in my thinking or am I way off base? If I'm correct are there any tuts on how to go about this?

Please understand I am not a coder, more of a designer and website admin.

thanks for any advice
Re: PHP Website to Android App? [message #1691483 is a reply to message #1691390] Tue, 07 April 2015 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Unfortunately, your thinking isn't even close to reality. This isn't even really an Eclipse question. But the path I'd take is to develop web services that can be used by any client/UI (web, native mobile, whatever). I don't know what kind of support PHP has for building web services, so I can't really give you much more than that. I suggest turning to some PHP-specific forums or even Stack Overflow to learn what other people do.
Re: PHP Website to Android App? [message #1721949 is a reply to message #1691483] Mon, 01 February 2016 19:45 Go to previous message
Zeck Kogi is currently offline Zeck KogiFriend
@Eric is right, I don't think you can simply convert it to a native app using any kind of software, if you want a proper native mobile app I suggest you build it from scratch.
Previous Topic:System.out.printf
Next Topic:Error: Could not find or load main class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:20:44 GMT 2024