Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML(I cannot find a method to add a Classifier Behavior to a Block.)
Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML [message #1691363] Mon, 06 April 2015 15:42 Go to next message
Wayne Carl is currently offline Wayne CarlFriend
Folks:

I am not entirely new to SysML or Papyrus but, I cannot find a way to add a Classifier behavior to a defined Block. I have created a simple State Machine diagram with an initial pseudostate, an Atomic state "state1", and a final pseudostate. I also created a Block "Block1". Try as I might, I can find no way to make this state machine the Classifier Behavior of the block. Please Help!

Thanks in advance!!

In His service,
Wayne
Re: Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML [message #1691422 is a reply to message #1691363] Tue, 07 April 2015 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Van Noten is currently offline Johan Van NotenFriend
Hi Wayne,

First you create your state machine as a child (owned behavior) nested below your Block. Then you go to the Block's properties. There, select the "Advanced" tab. The first property should be "Classifier Behavior". At the end of the line, you have a button with three dots enabling you to select the state machine you created previously.

In order to avoid validation warnings, you should also make the Block active now (passive blocks can't have a classifier behavior).

Regards,
Johan
Re: Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML [message #1691653 is a reply to message #1691422] Wed, 08 April 2015 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

You could also correct the initial attempt by dragging and dropping, using the model explorer, the state machine (and its diagram if you want) onto the block. You would then used the Advanced tab in the Properties view to set the "Classifier Behavior" to the state machine.

And yes, setting the "Is Active" property would also be advisable.

/Charles

/Charles Rivet
Re: Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML [message #1691669 is a reply to message #1691363] Wed, 08 April 2015 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Carl is currently offline Wayne CarlFriend
Thanks so much!! It worked great.
Re: Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML [message #1833799 is a reply to message #1691669] Sat, 24 October 2020 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chao Tan is currently offline Chao TanFriend
I set up the model as described above, but still can't run the state machine,please help me
Re: Adding a Classifier Behavior in SysML [message #1833817 is a reply to message #1833799] Sat, 24 October 2020 16:53 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Chao,
Moka is a Papyrus add-on to run fUML models including state machines

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/UserGuide/ModelExecution
Previous Topic:Papyrus Moka don't show input and output
Next Topic:Need explanation about getBeforeDestroyElementCommand and getBeforeDestroyDependentsCommand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:15:22 GMT 2024