Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Plugin design in Papyrus
Plugin design in Papyrus [message #1690780] Tue, 31 March 2015 08:37 Go to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
I want to do some plugin design in Papyrus Luna
First I tried the java refactor but it did not work with components.

Then
I created in a component diagram components corresponding to my plugins.
I created Interfaces inside my plugin and some classes.

First problem :
Inside inner class diagram it seems impossible to create Interface realization between Interfaces and classes.

My question is what is the best way to show that a plugin required an interface and the second one provide it. I know UML provided and required interfaces but I did not succeed to model them in Papyrus. Even using the "manage interfaces" action

Re: Plugin design in Papyrus [message #1691017 is a reply to message #1690780] Wed, 01 April 2015 15:15 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tristan,

Quote:
First problem :
Inside inner class diagram it seems impossible to create Interface realization between Interfaces and classes.

I guess the Inner Class Diagram is over-filtered compared to standard Class Diagram again. That can easily be fixed

Quote:
My question is what is the best way to show that a plugin required an interface and the second one provide it. I know UML provided and required interfaces but I did not succeed to model them in Papyrus. Even using the "manage interfaces" action

Manage Interfaces (Or provided/required from the properties view) should work if you type your Port with a Class (Which, according to the specification, gives the maximum flexibility for deriving Provided/Required interfaces of the Port). I'm not sure if the edition of Provided/Required interfaces has been added in Luna or in Mars. If it's not available in Luna, then you should rely on the Manage Interfaces context menu (After typing the Port with a Class)

However, Papyrus doesn't support the Ball & Socket notation

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:SWT error: Out of handles
Next Topic:How to transfer and import a Papyrus project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:01:38 GMT 2024