Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » How to cancel job: Auto-sharing imported subversion projects
How to cancel job: Auto-sharing imported subversion projects [message #1689799] Tue, 24 March 2015 11:00 Go to next message
Lidia Gutu is currently offline Lidia GutuFriend
Hello,

I am generating a bunch of projects in eclipse based on svn sources when projects are too many, they are closed after generation.
But I am getting a log of stack trace error messages from the job:
org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNTeamProviderType
inner job AutoShareJob (Auto-sharing imported subversion projects)
!ENTRY org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core 4 0 2015-03-24 10:58:38.614
!MESSAGE Could not auto-share project MyProject
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.team.core.TeamException: Resource '/MyProject' is not open.
	at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.TeamPlugin.wrapException(TeamPlugin.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.team.core.RepositoryProvider.map(RepositoryProvider.java:144)
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.resources.SVNWorkspaceRoot.setSharing(SVNWorkspaceRoot.java:227)
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNTeamProviderType$AutoShareJob.autoconnectSVNProject(SVNTeamProviderType.java:138)
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNTeamProviderType$AutoShareJob.run(SVNTeamProviderType.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/ExternalComm' is not open.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.checkAccessible(Project.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessibleAndLocal(Resource.java:221)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.getPersistentProperty(Resource.java:1204)
	at org.eclipse.team.core.RepositoryProvider.map(RepositoryProvider.java:99)
	... 4 more

I do not need from SVn plugins to trigger auto-cennect to project when it is closed.
I see that it should skip running job when project is not accessible (closed) , but for some reason this does not happen.

Where I could get sources for subversion plugins? It seems that I have to investigate deeper , and debug this plugins in order to to find out what really happens.

Is there a simple mechanism that just turns off this features in some cases?

Thank you
Lidia
Re: How to cancel job: Auto-sharing imported subversion projects [message #1690593 is a reply to message #1689799] Sun, 29 March 2015 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

This is actually Subversive forum and so if the problem was related to Subversive I would be suggesting you to just disable the feature at:
Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->Enable automatic project share

But since you're using Subclipse, I don't know if there is a way to turn off the automatic project share. But at least I can point you to the Subclipse source code repository:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/svn/subclipse

Hope it helps.
Re: How to cancel job: Auto-sharing imported subversion projects [message #1728842 is a reply to message #1690593] Thu, 07 April 2016 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lidia Gutu is currently offline Lidia GutuFriend
Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your old reply.
I would have a similar question.

Having a simple workspace,
~/dev/workspace/PROJECT1
~/dev/workspace/PROJECT2

The PROJECT1 has an .svn folder, but PROJECT2 does not have it.
In eclipse, one project is created based on sources from PROJECT1, and a new project is created called PROJECT2.

Svn plugin tries to autoshare the project PROJECT2, and it fails , suppose, because it does not have .svn

I would need to avoid having the stacktrace error from svn when it tries to share this project. But I still need the PROJECT1 to be shared.
ENTRY org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core 4 0 2016-04-07 20:56:25.946
!MESSAGE Could not auto-share project FOLDER2
!STACK 1
org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNException: Provided SVN information does not match that on disk for project 'PROJECT2'.
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.resources.SVNWorkspaceRoot.setSharing(SVNWorkspaceRoot.java:206)
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNTeamProviderType$AutoShareJob.autoconnectSVNProject(SVNTeamProviderType.java:140)
	at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNTeamProviderType$AutoShareJob.run(SVNTeamProviderType.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core 4 4 2016-04-07 20:56:25.947
!MESSAGE Provided SVN information does not match that on disk for project 'PROJECT2 '.

Is it possible using svn api, to notify somehow the SVNWorkspaceRoot to skip sharing a project based on its name?

Thank you in advance
Lidia

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2016 19:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to cancel job: Auto-sharing imported subversion projects [message #1736122 is a reply to message #1728842] Sun, 26 June 2016 19:59 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello Lidia,

Unfortunately I'm unable to help you since I'm not familiar with the Subclipse project. The link I provided year ago seems not to be working, so I googled it a little and this is it:
http://www.coderanch.com/t/579037/vc/official-forum-subclipse
they say there is a mailing list you can ask your questions regarding Subclipse at.

Best regards.
Alexander.
Previous Topic:Correct way to create a TCL project tied to SVN with correct structure
Next Topic:Subversive Update Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:40:17 GMT 2024