Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Modify Papyrus source files
Modify Papyrus source files [message #1689331] Mon, 23 March 2015 10:35 Go to next message
Adrien Lefevre is currently offline Adrien LefevreFriend
Good morning,

I would like to know if it is possible to modify some source files of Papyrus plug-in. In fact, I would like to customize the SysML language (modifying attributes in stead of making profiles and stereotypes) and create my own diagrams in Papyrus.

Today, I'm trying to customize SysML-Designer (which is possible with Sirius) to get what I want but Papyrus seems to be more powerfull, that's why I'm asking you if there is a chance I can change Papyrus' sources files.
And if it is, where can I download those files?

Thank you,

Adrien

Re: Modify Papyrus source files [message #1689405 is a reply to message #1689331] Mon, 23 March 2015 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Adrien,

It *is* possible to change the source code directly; however Papyrus tries to provide everything you need to customize the diagrams *without* changing anything in the Papyrus plug-ins (So that you can ensure 100% compatibility during updates)

The source-code for SysML diagrams is located here:

git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git

Under plugins/sysml/*

But with Papyrus Luna (1.0) and Papyrus Mars (1.1), we're providing many new customization capabilities to start from a UML Diagram (e.g. Class Diagram or Composite DIagram), and change or adapt everything you need: Appearance of the diagram elements, properties view, palettes, "New child" menus, ...

Everything is done via Eclipse Extension Points and all you need (in most cases) is configuration files/models. Advanced/Unsupported use cases may require a little bit of Java code, but we try to avoid that as much as possible.

Examples of new features in Mars:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Mars_Work_Description
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Mars_Work_Description/NewFeature/Shape_customisation
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Mars_Work_Description/NewFeature/Modeling_Assistants

Also see the help inside Eclipse (F1 or Help > Help Contents) for existing customization mechanisms (Already available in Luna)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Modify Papyrus source files [message #1689411 is a reply to message #1689405] Mon, 23 March 2015 14:23 Go to previous message
Adrien Lefevre is currently offline Adrien LefevreFriend
Thank you for your answer, it perfectly answers my question. I think I'm going to work on the source files until the new release comes out but I can't import the Git project (the link you provided me).
Previous Topic:[SysML1.4] Generalization shown as deprecated?
Next Topic:Visualisation of ports on diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:25:23 GMT 2024