Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Hello from a newbie (Introduction seeking any possible like minded folks)
Hello from a newbie [message #1688331] Fri, 20 March 2015 13:46 Go to next message
kevin brown is currently offline kevin brownFriend
Hi

I think I'm the newest member of the forum and would just like to introduce myself.
I'm a mechanical engineer with almost 40 years in the industry.

About 20 years ago I started with QBasic on my first ever PC. I developed a suite of programs to run the small engieering design and manufacturing business that I had at the time. Over the last 10 years I have been employed on engineering tenders for large water projects around the world. I further developed the programs and used software developed on Power Basic. Data was on I/O files for engineering and tendering activites to cover Parts, Drawings, Bill of Materials, Datasheets, Purchase orders Clients & Vendors including intelligent drawings / graphics in Bitmaps and .DXF files etc.
I now want to move the data across into Oracle and have done some trials imports via SQL Developer into Oracle databases which have proved a sucess.

I have downladed Eclipse and want to evauluate the possibility of using Java for the front end user interface to work with Oracle.

I plan to give myself 3 weeks or so to evauluate the possibilities of using Java togehter with Oracle to to see if i think the change is worthy of a longer investment of time.

If there are any other users in this forum who have similar interest or experience such as mentioned above including engineering graphics or intelligent drawings with Bills of materials then I would be pleased to hear from them.
Re: Hello from a newbie [message #1689664 is a reply to message #1688331] Tue, 24 March 2015 03:32 Go to previous message
Rick Toney is currently offline Rick ToneyFriend

Greetings!

Very Happy
Previous Topic:Python interpreter configuration problem
Next Topic:Can't load eclipse on my Mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:05:07 GMT 2024