Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » org.eclipse.swt.widgets.DateTime throws no Selection Event when selecting the already selected date
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.DateTime throws no Selection Event when selecting the already selected date [message #1686664] Thu, 19 March 2015 09:40 Go to next message
Ioana Negru is currently offline Ioana NegruFriend
Hi!

The behavior of the DateTime is different if the user selects a new day, or the already selected one. If a new day is selected by the user by one click, a SelectionEvent is thrown. One click does not have the same effect in case of the already selected day. Only double click will generate a DefaultSelected Event.
Is this behavior intentional or is it a bug? I'm asking because in my opinion the behavior is confusing and it can not be defined by programer if both situation should be treated the same.
In my case, the DateTime is placed on a popup composite which i need to close if user clicks on the current date, or a new date. But i cant find a way to receive the selection event in first case. With a MouseListener it's imposible to know what exactly got clicked from the DateTime widget.
Any ideas, suggestions? Should i file a bug report?

Thank you!
Ioana
Re: org.eclipse.swt.widgets.DateTime throws no Selection Event when selecting the already selected d [message #1687168 is a reply to message #1686664] Thu, 19 March 2015 14:34 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
FWIW, I see widgetSelected messages using SWT Snippet 250 on Eclipse 4.5 on OS X 10.10. If you're not seeing widget selected events, file a bug but with more detail such as your OS, Eclipse version, etc.

Brian.
Previous Topic:SWT - AWT integration on macosx platform - 10.10.2.
Next Topic:Pinch zoom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:12:52 GMT 2024