Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem running HelloWorldSWT on Mac OSX(Problem running HelloWorldSWT on Mac OSX)
Problem running HelloWorldSWT on Mac OSX [message #1679690] Mon, 16 March 2015 18:24 Go to next message
Michael Young is currently offline Michael YoungFriend
I am new to Eclipse and am attempting to run the built-in tutorials. I was able to compile and run HelloWorld without a problem but when I tried to build HelloWorldSWT I seemed to run into a bunch if problems. Initially I tried to use the "Click to perform" buttons at the bottom of each step in the tutorial. The "Open the Java perspective" step seemed to execute fine but when I tried the "Import the SWT project" step I get "The command did not complete successfully" with the additional message "unknown wizard: org.eclipse.pde.ui.PluginImportWizard".
I then attempted to run the "Import the SWT project" step manually by following the instructions provided. The instructions are to "Open the Import wizard from the main menu via File > Import..., and select Plug-in Development > Plug-ins and Fragments." On the Mac there is no "Plug-in Development" menu item under "Import...". Instead I tried "General / Existing Projects into Workspace" but then didn't know where to look for the SWT project. I see two SWT plug-ins under the plugins directory in the install path but the software says there are no projects to import.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Re: Problem running HelloWorldSWT on Mac OSX [message #1680358 is a reply to message #1679690] Tue, 17 March 2015 00:22 Go to previous message
Michael Young is currently offline Michael YoungFriend
I was able to figure out my problem. In another post I discovered that the SWT package has to be downloaded separately. After a bit of thrashing with the "Help / Install New Software" command and figuring out exactly what web site I had to point to and what package I needed to select (Eclipse Plugin Development Tools) I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. I'm still not clear on the flow but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks!
Previous Topic:Scrapbook giving "source not found" error
Next Topic:RSE on dual eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:14:43 GMT 2024