Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Contribute to documentation(I'd like to edit or submit improvements to documentation)
icon1.gif  Contribute to documentation [message #1679517] Mon, 16 March 2015 16:54 Go to next message
Bernardo Braga is currently offline Bernardo BragaFriend
Hello,

I have been using SWT for a few months now and I'm not very happy with the documentation;

instead of ranting about it, i'd rather contribute to improving it.

For example: I found rather late that JFace Actions had been deprecated and it was rather hard to find out I should use Commands instead. I'd like to add pointers to the documentation, since there are none.

tree.deselectAll() does not fire a selection event, which I think should be noted on the documentation as well

anyways, how could I contribute or discuss the edition of documentation?
Re: Contribute to documentation [message #1680959 is a reply to message #1679517] Tue, 17 March 2015 05:54 Go to previous message
Niraj Modi is currently offline Niraj ModiFriend
Thanks Bernardo, for showing interest in contributing to Eclipse.
Eclipse Bugzilla is the first place to suggest/discuss any proposed changes in code/API documentation.
For this you need to register to Eclipse Bugzilla ( https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ ) and report a bug against respective component(SWT/UI) in Eclipse.

If you plan to make any code change/fix any bug in SWT, then you need to setup SWT dev environment, refer wiki: https://www.eclipse.org/swt/git.php
Previous Topic:Building JNI libraries
Next Topic:SWT - AWT integration on macosx platform - 10.10.2.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:17:52 GMT 2024