Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » InterfaceRealization and Operation unexpected behaviour
InterfaceRealization and Operation unexpected behaviour [message #1679161] Mon, 16 March 2015 13:52
Nicholas Pacini is currently offline Nicholas PaciniFriend
Hi all,

i'd like to report a strange behaviour i've found in Papyrus 1.0.2. I've been able to reporduce it using Eclipse Luna SR2 both on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

In a Class Diagram, add an Interface and a Component and then draw an InterfaceRealization from the Component to the Inerface
At this point if i add an Operation to the Interface, another Operation with the same name (Operation1 by default) is added automatically to the Component.
This is shown in the ModelExplorer but not in the diagram.

I could find this feature quite helpful, but unfortunately it doesn't work as I expected:
In fact, if i add a second operation (Operation2) to the Interface, no operation is added automatically to the Component.
Moreover, if i rename the first operation (for example i rename "Operation1" to "getSomething"), an operation "getSomething" is added automatically to the Component.

At the end the Interface has 2 operations: "getSomething" and "Operation2" while the Component ends up with: "Operation1", "getSomehting" but no "Operation2".

I'm attaching a small project. Please tell me if you can reproduce this behaviour and if you find it is the correct one.

Thanks for everything,

Regards,
Nicholas Pacini

Previous Topic:Trying to add part and reference in block definition diagram in sysML
Next Topic:SysML Package merge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:17:04 GMT 2024