Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Gentoo, 64-bit Luna] Cannot run more than one workspace?(All but first created workspace failing to open)
[Gentoo, 64-bit Luna] Cannot run more than one workspace? [message #1675426] Sun, 15 March 2015 04:12 Go to next message
Joseph Osako is currently offline Joseph OsakoFriend
I have recently installed Eclipse 4.4.1 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 loaded with 64-bit Gentoo Linux, with the eclipse/ folder installed on the /opt folder (with the rwx permissions set to allow the non-root users to access the program and modify the settings).

I was able to create a workspace for one of the two separate projects I was planning on working on, and set up the project as I needed to. However, when I went to create the workspace for the other (unrelated) project, I found that after I selected the directory for the workspace, the main window would appear but no menu or sub-windows appeared - it was an empty window, and the only thing I could do was close it. I could go back to the first workspace, but all further attempts to create a new workspace or access the other ones I created failed.

Is this a familiar problem to anyone, and if so, what is the remedy?
Re: [Gentoo, 64-bit Luna] Cannot run more than one workspace? [message #1675637 is a reply to message #1675426] Sun, 15 March 2015 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Unless you actually have other users (and maybe even then), put the entire thing somewhere under your own home directory and then try launching it with the -data switch, e.g. "./eclipse -data ~/workspace1" to tell it where it should look for the workspace.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: [Gentoo, 64-bit Luna] Cannot run more than one workspace? [message #1676652 is a reply to message #1675637] Sun, 15 March 2015 15:25 Go to previous message
Joseph Osako is currently offline Joseph OsakoFriend
Thank you, that does indeed fix the problem. I should have expected that this was the nature of the issue.
Previous Topic:How do i open eclipse via desktop icon?
Next Topic:no JavaScript auto complete in php Eclipse project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:27:45 GMT 2024