Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization(NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization)
NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization [message #1671370] Fri, 13 March 2015 15:27 Go to next message
Fredrik W-Ericsson is currently offline Fredrik W-EricssonFriend
Hi,

I have written a DSL with XText using a specific file extension, lets say ".bar". If I create a file with extension ".Bar" and edit it I will get a popup every couple of seconds saying: "An internal error occurred during: "XtextReconcilerJob". java.lang.NullPointerException"

I can solve it by adding two new entries in the plugin.xml for the "UI" plugin for my DSL, one for the "org.eclipse.xtext.extension_resourceServiceProvider" extension point and one for the "org.eclipse.emf.ecore.extension_parser" extension point, specifying the new file extension "Bar".

Is there a better way to do it to allow all capitalization of the DSL file extension? (Like "BAR", "bAr", "bAR", etc.)

Thanks, Fredrik

Re: NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization [message #1671411 is a reply to message #1671370] Fri, 13 March 2015 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

what about filling out the corresponding variable (var fileExtensions = "mydsl,...,MYDSL") in the workflow, regenerate the language and merge the plugin.xml_gen to plugin.xml

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization [message #1671539 is a reply to message #1671411] Fri, 13 March 2015 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes, that worked. Is there also an option to ignore file extension capitalization instead of listing all possible permutations?

Thanks, Fredrik

Re: NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization [message #1671540 is a reply to message #1671539] Fri, 13 March 2015 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i dont know of such an option. feel free to file an enhancement request into bugzilla

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: NullPointerException in XtextReconcilerJob when file extension has different capitalization [message #1671541 is a reply to message #1671540] Fri, 13 March 2015 16:53 Go to previous message
Hi,

Ok, thanks for taking the time to help me out with this one,

Best regards, Fredrik
Previous Topic:Error after autocomplete grammar
Next Topic:Xtext 2.8.0 from Maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:00:22 GMT 2024