Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » DLTK Multiple Language Initiative(Discuss a way to make DLTK work with multiple languages.)
DLTK Multiple Language Initiative [message #1670021] Fri, 13 March 2015 03:45 Go to next message
Eriky Raggeoto Kashivagui is currently offline Eriky Raggeoto KashivaguiFriend
Hello everybody, I am facing a problem that my users need to work with multiple languages into a single project. Searching for a solution into the Eclipse`s forum I've found that many DLTK adopters are having the same problem.

Therefore, I would like to discuss some ways to solve this problem. So, why don`t we try to make DLTK work with file extensions instead using a project nature ?
Re: DLTK Multiple Language Initiative [message #1672247 is a reply to message #1670021] Fri, 13 March 2015 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For instance, I am working into a project nowadays and we created three natures. Two of them are tied to a languageToolkit and one isn't.
So, we just add the nature without languagetoolkit into the projects. Consequently, when DLTKLanguageManager tries to recover the nature's languageToolkit by the project it is not returned and then the LanguageManager tries to find the languageToolkit by the file extension.

This solution is not working for all the DLTK's features, some bits of code still needing some adjustments ( into DLTK ) for it search by the file extension, if the languageToolkit wasn't found passing the project.
Re: DLTK Multiple Language Initiative [message #1690712 is a reply to message #1672247] Mon, 30 March 2015 18:14 Go to previous message
It failed... Embarrassed
Previous Topic:Indexer for multiple languages
Next Topic:Reindex and refresh a file on tab switch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:13:08 GMT 2024