Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus
animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1667873] Thu, 12 March 2015 08:16 Go to next message
Mog Stef is currently offline Mog StefFriend
Hi,
I'm working on a short record for my studies. The topic is the model's animation in Papyrus. I was looking for a plug-in and i found Moka which is very interesting and promising. But currently it seems that Moka provides only animation for activity diagram. I see in this forum that the development team work for extension about the state machine.

But what about the sequence diagram ? Do you know if another extension of Papyrus provides animation for sequence or/and activity diagram ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Stef
Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1668399 is a reply to message #1667873] Thu, 12 March 2015 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Stef,

No, there is no work-in-progress for Sequence Diagrams. However, to be accurate, Moka is about "executing" models (Based on their semantics); the animation is used to highlight the progress of the execution. But Animation and Execution are two separate components, and Animation can work for any diagram. So:

- Model Animation works on any diagram, as long as you have a component to drive the Animation
- Model Execution works for Activity Diagrams, and will be supported for StateMachine diagrams later on

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1670741 is a reply to message #1668399] Fri, 13 March 2015 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't find many documents about the Model Animation without Model Execution. That's why i don't think we could do animation apart from the help of Moka.

The topic of my studies' record is very wide but i'm very interested to make Model Animation without Moka. My work talks about the Model Animation in Eclipse/Papyrus based on an execution metamodel.

I don't retrieve any information for animating model UML with a component like you write it.

Do you an idea about it ?

Best regards,
Stef
Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1671040 is a reply to message #1670741] Fri, 13 March 2015 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Stef,

Moka relies on custom CSS :pseudo elements to drive the Animation, then CSS takes care of the visualization. This is not documented because this is not something an end-user can manipulate directly: you need a plug-in extension to Papyrus, to active/deactivate these :pseudo elements when you want.

The simplest example of custom animation is the EventListenerEditPolicy/Provider from org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.css, which installs some Mouse Listeners on the diagram elements, and activates or deactivates some CSS Events when Mouse Events are detected. Instead of Mouse Listeners, you could add any kind of LIstener to your own execution model.

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1679978 is a reply to message #1671040] Mon, 16 March 2015 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It's very helpfull for me.

In EMF/Papyrus, I seek a way to animate dynamics diagrams UML (activities for exemple) with the help of an execution's metamodel, which take in entrance the model UML and display the elements browsed in Papyrus.

The idea is to animate model UML without generating code from this model. I think we could do this manually according to a metamodel of UML but it's very hard to find any answer or help. Maybe it doesn't exist yet.

How to do this kind of animation ? Do you know some books or research about it ?

Best regards,
Stef

[Updated on: Sat, 21 March 2015 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1688674 is a reply to message #1671040] Sat, 21 March 2015 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If I want to simulate an activity diagram UML with Moka, I have to create it according to the elements defined by the fUML metamodel or there is some transformations model to model done by Moka ?

Can we say that the model execution based on fUML transforms model in Java code to simulate it ? And the execution traces allow Papyrus to animate the model ? Am I right ?

Best regards,
Stef

[Updated on: Sat, 21 March 2015 11:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1692158 is a reply to message #1667873] Tue, 14 April 2015 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anna Hardman is currently offline Anna HardmanFriend
I had used Papyrus recently for a project but didi not get anything to draw an activity diagram.
Re: animation model UML in Eclipse/Papyrus [message #1706596 is a reply to message #1668399] Fri, 28 August 2015 03:22 Go to previous message
Stellar Lee is currently offline Stellar LeeFriend
hi~
Moka is executing based on fUML semantics, and only for activity diagram. What is the semantics for statement diagram? thanks~
Previous Topic:bug in Papyrus diagram : Associations disappearing when i drag a class to a package.
Next Topic:Diagrams, stored inside or outside blocks, activities etc?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:32:36 GMT 2024