Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Displaying details during product update
Displaying details during product update [message #1666236] Wed, 11 March 2015 15:53 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hello,

Apologies if this is a wrong forum for my question, please direct me to more appropriate one if that's the case.

When I update my product via update site that I build I see Update Dialog similar to the one below. I want to display certain information about the update in "Details" area, but I cannot find where data that goes into this section is controlled from.
http://theopentutorials.com/totwp331/wp-content/uploads/updating-android-sdk-and-eclipse-adt-plugin_2559/3.android-adt-plugin-update.jpg?c3a9c1
I have description element in feature.xml of the feature that include .product, but still the "Details" section is empty.

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Displaying details during product update [message #1666415 is a reply to message #1666236] Wed, 11 March 2015 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
My guess (and sorry, I don't have time to try) is that these are from branded features. Ekke has a good blog post explaining the process.

Brian.
Re: Displaying details during product update [message #1666456 is a reply to message #1666236] Wed, 11 March 2015 18:04 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Thanks Brian.

I have Branding plugin defined for the feature, it shows information I define in ini file when product is installed and I view the About dialog or features details. However, this information is not shown in the feature when I check for updates because Details sections is empty, or rather product because that's what I see in identifier of the properties - product id . Looks like something else populates that?

Alex
Previous Topic:life expectancy of the compatibility layer
Next Topic:Eclipse on high screen resolution display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:32:41 GMT 2024