Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Linking in between modules(Potential issues regarding collaborative working)
Linking in between modules [message #1666227] Wed, 11 March 2015 15:45 Go to next message
Frieder Henning is currently offline Frieder HenningFriend
Hallo,

I would like to know how the process of collaboration on a set of requirements is handled. In a research setup we currently have several users working on their requirements simultaneously. It is planned to use GIT on several files.

Our project environment has a need for links between requirements which are located in different modules (i.e. .reqif). Apparently, I am able to set links but they are only visible for the link source, not for the target. I'm not able to find any documentation on that topic.

Furthermore, it would be nice to have a single configuration (Datatypes/Spectypes) which is applicable for several modules at once.

Thanks for your support!

Best regards
FH

Re: Linking in between modules [message #1668066 is a reply to message #1666227] Thu, 12 March 2015 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Frieder,

> It is planned to use GIT on several files.

We have a simple EMF Compare integration (as part of Pror Essentials). It's not great, but we have improving it on our todo-List. With this, git-integration should not be a problem.

> Our project environment has a need for links between requirements which are located in different modules

Not sure what you mean. You could mean one of two things:

1. Linking within two Specifications within the same .reqif file: Adding the showing and navigation in the other direction is not difficult, it just needs to be done (i.e. we need someone to do it or to pay for it).

2. Linking across Files: This is possible according to the ReqIF Spec, but there are a lot of details to consider. We have an implementation spec, but likewise look for help or money to do it.

> Furthermore, it would be nice to have a single configuration (Datatypes/Spectypes) which is applicable for several modules at once.

I agree. Something like this does currently not exist, unfortunately.

Are you in the position to help us out on these features, either with manpower or funding? If so, please contact me directly (via formalmind.com).

Best,

- Michael
Re: Linking in between modules [message #1671226 is a reply to message #1668066] Fri, 13 March 2015 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Henning is currently offline Frieder HenningFriend
Hi Michael,

ok, I'll have a look into EMF Compare.

Regarding the modules: I meant the 2nd of your propositions. We need to link across files for which I see some issues such as the Identifier attribute. Is it ensured that each idientifier is unique and only assigned once, even though different files are used?

Regarding the single config: do you have some kind of workaround for that? That could be, for example, a modified ProR "basic" edition in which the manipulation of the mentioned objects is prohibitied.

For my use case, I unfortunately cannot offer any developmen capacity or money to implement new features into ProR. However, I'll have to verify...

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Best regards
Frieder
Re: Linking in between modules [message #1674569 is a reply to message #1671226] Sat, 14 March 2015 20:25 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Frieder,

> Regarding the modules: I meant the 2nd of your propositions.

We have a spec for this scenario, which provides a mechanism for creating a set or related .reqif files. If you have someone willing to implement it, I can provide you with it.

> We need to link across files for which I see some issues such as the Identifier attribute. Is it ensured that each idientifier is unique and only assigned once, even though different files are used?

If Identifiers are generated by ProR, they are globally unique. But if a file is copied, the uniqueness is gone, of course. Also, .reqif file may come from other sources. So no real guarantee.

> Regarding the single config: do you have some kind of workaround for that?

Sorry, no.

> For my use case, I unfortunately cannot offer any developmen capacity or money to implement new features into ProR. However, I'll have to verify...

Let me know if there is an option.

Best,

- Michael
Previous Topic:Xtext extension to ProR editor
Next Topic:Processor XHTML elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:12:00 GMT 2024