Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Possibility of running Eclipse on VMWare(Eclipse, VMWARE, Cloud, Plugin)
Possibility of running Eclipse on VMWare [message #1665896] Wed, 11 March 2015 12:49 Go to next message
Yi De Li CD is currently offline Yi De Li CDFriend
Hello. I just want to ask the possibility of implementing Eclipse in VMWARE along with the eclipse plugin. Is it possible for me to do this and how can I run the eclipse using cloud?

Cheers.. Cool
Re: Possibility of running Eclipse on VMWare [message #1666799 is a reply to message #1665896] Wed, 11 March 2015 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
VMware is a program providing empty virtual PCs to its clients.

Your question is like: Can I run Eclipse as a plugin on raw PC hardware?

The quick answer is 'No'. But you can install an operating system as the client to VMware, and run Eclipse there. I'm regularly using Eclipse on a virtual Linux system (Kubuntu 14.04LTS) and virtual Windows XP system, both running under VMware Fusion in a MAC OS X system.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Possibility of running Eclipse on VMWare [message #1667180 is a reply to message #1666799] Thu, 12 March 2015 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yi De Li CD is currently offline Yi De Li CDFriend
Thanks Tauno for the reply.

Ok, let say I had install Microsoft Server in my VMWare and I put the eclipse in the server. Is it possible for me to access the eclipse from the cloud? I have a plugin for eclipse called X-MAN, used for component based development. I'm planning to put eclipse and also the plugin in the server that are run from VMWare. I'm still trying a way on how to do that or is there any way for me to do that?

Thanks.. =)
Re: Possibility of running Eclipse on VMWare [message #1668620 is a reply to message #1667180] Thu, 12 March 2015 15:24 Go to previous message
Redsandro   is currently offline Redsandro Friend
You can use the Virtual Machine as if it's just another computer when you've set up your virtual network correctly. You can access any cloud you can access if you would be working on a physical machine.
Previous Topic:How to disable highlight current word?
Next Topic:Performance Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:20:11 GMT 2024