Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » <hidden> element in helpData not working(<hidden> topics are still showing up in the TOC)
<hidden> element in helpData not working [message #1663162] Tue, 10 March 2015 09:43 Go to next message
Anuradha Jeyan is currently offline Anuradha JeyanFriend
Hi,
I use Oxygen XML 14.2 to build eclipse transformation output. And the TOC books are defined as toc ids in helpData.xml.

I wanted to hide some books (topics or plugins) from being displayed on the help TOC page. I used <hidden> element in my helpData.xml. In spite of that, those books do appear on TOC.

Could you please let me know how to fix this?

Thank you
anu
Re: <hidden> element in helpData not working [message #1668805 is a reply to message #1663162] Thu, 12 March 2015 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leona Campbell is currently offline Leona CampbellFriend
If you want to exclude topics or maps from a book, you can add toc="no" to the topicref, like this:

<topicref format="ditamap" href="book.ditamap" toc="no"/>

I believe these will still show up in search.

Re: <hidden> element in helpData not working [message #1670888 is a reply to message #1668805] Fri, 13 March 2015 11:29 Go to previous message
Anuradha Jeyan is currently offline Anuradha JeyanFriend
I think I was not clear in my query.
I want to hide some books (plugins), not topics within a book, from the list of books that appears on the left pane of the eclipse help system.
I came to know that I could use <hidden> inside which I could specify tocids in helpData.xml to hide relevant books. I tried that, but its not working. So I would like to know if I need to specify anything else in any other file.

Thank you
anu
Previous Topic:ITopic2 Impementation - only standard icon shows up
Next Topic:Can I change the search results order?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:51:50 GMT 2024