Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » RSE on dual eclipse(PHP and C/C++ only has RSE on PHP)
icon4.gif  RSE on dual eclipse [message #1662253] Tue, 10 March 2015 00:38 Go to next message
Philip Theis is currently offline Philip TheisFriend
I started with PHP Eclipse, then I added C/C++
When I installed RSE I was in the PHP mode and RSE installed and works fine there.
When I go to C/C++ RSE disappears. How can I get the same RSE to show up when I'm doing C/C++ work?
Do I need to run two instances of Eclipse?
thanks,
Phil
Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1666608 is a reply to message #1662253] Wed, 11 March 2015 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonder if anyone has taken a look at this. Does anyone know how to get RSE to show up when there are two platforms: C/C++ and PHP; or is this impossible?
Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1668359 is a reply to message #1666608] Thu, 12 March 2015 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I think you need to be more detailed in describing the situation. What does "go to C/C++" mean? What are you expecting versus what you observe, and in what context? More details...
Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1668455 is a reply to message #1668359] Thu, 12 March 2015 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I installed the C/C++ module I also had PHP installed originally. Then I get two tabs in the upper right hand side of Eclipse. This allows me to change between PHP (mode) and C/C++ mode. When I do this RSE only exists when I have selected the PHP tab in the upper right.
Does that help?
thanks for any help on this.
Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1668488 is a reply to message #1668455] Thu, 12 March 2015 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
It sounds like you need to familiarize yourself with the Eclipse concepts of Views and Perspectives. Look at the "basic" Workbench tutorial here: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2FgettingStarted%2Fqs-02a.htm , in particular the sections about "Editors and Views" and "Perspectives."
Basically, you're talking about two Perspectives, C/C++ and PHP. RSE is a set of plugins that can contribute its own Perspective and/or to other Perspectives. RSE help starts here: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.rse.doc.user%2Fgettingstarted%2Fg_start.html&cp=57_0
You haven't clearly stated exactly what you're expecting to see when in the C/C++ Perspective, so I can't tell you exactly how to interact with it; but once you understand the concepts I think you'll be able to either figure it out or ask more detailed questions.
Again, the brief summary is that you can open any RSE View in any Perspective, including the C/C++ Perspective. My guess is that you at some time opened RSE View(s) in the PHP Perspective and now you just need to do the same in the C/C++ Perspective. Another option is to open the RSE Perspective and then switch to it when you want to do stuff with RSE.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 March 2015 14:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1673887 is a reply to message #1668488] Sat, 14 March 2015 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Eric for your response. I have been reading the concepts and tutorial pages.
You have the concept of what I am looking for: I need to open the RSE view in my C/C++ Perspective. Where would I go to do just that?
thanks,
Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1675627 is a reply to message #1673887] Sun, 15 March 2015 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

All Views can be opened from the Window->Show View->Other... dialog, assuming they're not present on the menu itself.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: RSE on dual eclipse [message #1681774 is a reply to message #1675627] Tue, 17 March 2015 13:02 Go to previous message
Thank you, that did the trick
Previous Topic:Problem running HelloWorldSWT on Mac OSX
Next Topic:[Luna, m2e] Maven deps do not find version fields in POM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:03:54 GMT 2024