Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » # WARNING: head commit changed in the meantime(# WARNING: head commit changed in the meantime)
# WARNING: head commit changed in the meantime [message #1658637] Sun, 08 March 2015 12:36 Go to next message
Edwin Lukaweski is currently offline Edwin LukaweskiFriend
Hi:

After doing a merge, external to Eclipse via 'git merge origin/master'......then, back in Eclipse, I do a refresh, I see this message in the Git Staging view.

Can anybody tell me what this message means?

Thanks
Edwin
Re: # WARNING: head commit changed in the meantime [message #1660690 is a reply to message #1658637] Mon, 09 March 2015 09:44 Go to previous message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
In EGits staging you you prepare your next commit based on HEAD. While you are working in this view external processes may modify the repository concurrently and modify HEAD --- which may invalidate which you have done in staging view. You may have staged a fix for a certain bug and due to actions done in parrallel by external tools the current HEAD may not even contain the bug anymore. You have to rethink about what you have staged - and that's what this warning can tell you. If you now exactly what has happened in parallel and if you have not done anything in the staging view then you may also decide to ignore this message.

Ciao
Chris
Previous Topic:[SEMISOLVED] Missing tree/blob, Gerrit and EMF
Next Topic:Prevent .gitignore from being modified automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:10:48 GMT 2024