Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » package decomposition
package decomposition [message #1650456] Wed, 04 March 2015 21:03 Go to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
I have been reading "A Practical Guide to SysML" 3rd edition and attempting to recreate the diagrams. I have got to chapter 4 and I am trying to recreate Fig 4.1 which is a package diagram that shows package decomposition using the small circle with a '+' inside it similar to requirements decomposition.

The problem is I don't see that symbol in the palette for package diagrams.

The package diagram is common between UML and SysML and I don't see any mention of package decompostion symbols in the UML spec.

So what's the deal here? Should there be a decomposition edge in the package diagram or has the book invented something not in the spec or is it a spec version problem?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: package decomposition [message #1654094 is a reply to message #1650456] Fri, 06 March 2015 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

I don't think it is a "spec version problem" as that notation has existed since SysML 1.2 (I don't have earlier versions to check...).

I couldn't find a Bugzilla entry for this bug, perhaps you should consider submitting one so it can get tracked?

And now I know there's a 3rd edition of the book - thanks! I just wished there was an upgrade pricing for eBooks... Sad

/Charles Rivet
Re: package decomposition [message #1654316 is a reply to message #1654094] Fri, 06 March 2015 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

The link is properly supported in the Papyrus Class Diagram. I suspect the Package Diagram overly filtered the Class Diagram, preventing the creation of this link, although it is perfectly valid.

461605: [Package Diagram] The ContainmentLink is not available
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=461605

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: package decomposition [message #1654441 is a reply to message #1654316] Fri, 06 March 2015 17:47 Go to previous message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Thanks Camille.
And already fixed.

Charles, the 3rd edition is updated to reflect the upcoming SysML 1.4 release. Could you tell me which para in the spec you found the reference to that notation on a package diagram?

Thanks,
Steve
Previous Topic:UML Tutorial Diagram
Next Topic:Diagram Frames
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:16:09 GMT 2024