Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson polling git on unrelated jobs
Hudson polling git on unrelated jobs [message #1645954] Mon, 02 March 2015 19:42 Go to next message
Peter Janes is currently offline Peter JanesFriend
Last week's extended Bitbucket outage led me to put some effort into getting post-commit hooks working instead of polling our git repositories. Since configuring those hooks, however, I've seen that Hudson is still polling the git repository for each job as if it were configured with a cron of */10 * * * *. (The majority of the jobs are configured with 0 0 1 1 1, as I thought that perhaps there was a bug with parsing/processing @yearly.) About half of the jobs cascade from a single (disabled) job and don't override the polling time; the rest have their own polling configuration, which I've verified are also set to a low frequency.

Perhaps not coincidentally, while the timed polling is happening the Hudson UI gets extremely slow; each browser appears to be making a connection but Hudson doesn't respond. This happens for around 5 minutes until no more git ls-remote jobs are running on any slaves. There's usually one git command running at any time across all of the slaves; occasionally I see two, but it's rare.

Any clues on what's happening or how to debug this further?

Configuration details:
- Hudson 3.2.2
- Git Plugin 2.2.11 (installed today; previously 2.2.10)
- Master: OpenJDK 1.7.0_75 x86_64 (CentOS 6.4)
- 6 active ssh slaves on various platforms; most are running under Sun Java 1.6.0_35

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 15:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hudson polling git every 10 minutes even though it's not configured to [message #1689876 is a reply to message #1645954] Tue, 24 March 2015 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I misdiagnosed this: it's not polling every repo every 10 minutes, but every time .../git/notifyCommit?url={git repo} is called. The correct repositories are logged as having polling triggered, but Hudson is actually cycling through many more.

All of the repositories are configured as
git@bitbucket.org:{company}/{unique-name}.git
and the correct URL is being passed to the script. The extra repos being triggered don't share anything in the {unique-name}, e.g. it's not that foo-bar is being triggered incorrectly when foo is polled.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 14:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hudson polling git every 10 minutes even though it's not configured to [message #1689885 is a reply to message #1689876] Tue, 24 March 2015 15:10 Go to previous message
This might be https:// bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=432810 *, although the parent job in the cascade does not have a matching URL.

* the forum won't let me post an actual link, even though it's an eclipse.org site
Previous Topic:"Tag this build" missing when using Team-based authentication
Next Topic:Hudson 3.2.1 and Maven 3.3.1 with Win7 missing mvn.bat-file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:39:16 GMT 2024