Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Paste Format doesn't actually paste format
Paste Format doesn't actually paste format [message #1639055] Fri, 27 February 2015 12:35 Go to next message
Jim Seconde is currently offline Jim SecondeFriend
This is pretty straightforward:

I have two crosstabs. I want one to look like the other.

I right click on the first crosstab, choose 'Copy Format' and then right click on the second crosstab and choose 'Paste Format'.

It pastes the size and font, that's it. No border attributes, no background colours.

Why on earth would it only paste some of the copied format?
Re: Paste Format doesn't actually paste format [message #1650177 is a reply to message #1639055] Wed, 04 March 2015 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
I've not used the Copy Format much. However, it may simply be a limitation of that functionality for copying the format of an entire crosstab.
You can file a bug/enhancement request for that functionality.

As a workaround, if you are going to be using that format frequently, I would recommend creating a custom style. Then you can just apply that style to each crosstab that is created.
Re: Paste Format doesn't actually paste format [message #1651393 is a reply to message #1650177] Thu, 05 March 2015 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Seconde is currently offline Jim SecondeFriend
Yes, the custom format is what I went for which is undoubtedly more powerful. But I think I might raise a bug for the format painter, as it's simply not doing it's job...
Re: Paste Format doesn't actually paste format [message #1652021 is a reply to message #1651393] Thu, 05 March 2015 16:54 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
By all means, please file a bug report and include as much detail as possible with a sample report based on Classic Models, if possible.
Previous Topic:Pass parameter to BIRT via PHP
Next Topic:Change Hyperlink Parameter Name at Runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:00:41 GMT 2024