Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram
css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1638904] Fri, 27 February 2015 10:57 Go to next message
Marijan Zemljic is currently offline Marijan ZemljicFriend
Hi,

Is there any css rule to hide the name and possibly the stereotype tag of transitions (or more precisely transition labels) on state machine diagrams. I tried following to hide the name but it doesn't work:

StateMachineDiagram Transition[appliedStereotypes~="XtTransition"] > Label:name
{
visible: false;
}

Thanks,
Marijan
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1639314 is a reply to message #1638904] Fri, 27 February 2015 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Marijan,

It seems the StateMachineDiagram doesn't properly declare the type of its labels, so the ":name" part doesn't work

You can use simply "... > Label" instead of "... > Label:name". It will hide all Labels from the transition, but it may be an acceptable workaround.

I've reported it on Bugzilla:

461055: [StateMachineDiagram] The notationTypesMapping extension point is not properly populated
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=461055

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1639366 is a reply to message #1639314] Fri, 27 February 2015 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marijan Zemljic is currently offline Marijan ZemljicFriend
Hi Camille,

Hiding the transition labels completely is not really acceptable as I would like for transition triggers to still be visible on the diagram.
Anyway, thanks for the answer. At least I know now what is the issue.

BR,
Marijan
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1639374 is a reply to message #1639366] Fri, 27 February 2015 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marijan,

In that case you may want to use the low-level ID of the Name label for Transitions. I usually don't recommend this, because IDs may change without notice (Although this doesn't really happen in practice):

StateMachineDiagram Transition > Label[type="7001"] /* Name Label */{
}

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1800786 is a reply to message #1639374] Tue, 08 January 2019 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Cristoforetti is currently offline Luca CristoforettiFriend
Hi,
sorry for waking up this old thread, but I have the same problem.
I'm using Neon and Papyrus 2.0.3, I need to hide the stereotype tag on a Transition.

I followed the hint above to hide the transition name, but it doesn't work:
StateMachineDiagram Transition > Label[type="7001"] {
}

Looking at the source code inside stateMachineDiagram.gmfgen I understand that the correct code for the stereotype tag should be 7003, but it doesn't work either.

I can completely hide the Label as suggested, but it's not what I need.

Is there another way to hide that part of label? I can manually do it via Filters/Manage Connector Labels, but I need to do it in the CSS.

Thanks
Luca

Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1800788 is a reply to message #1800786] Tue, 08 January 2019 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi,

If you only want to hide the stereotype name, you will use this following css :
StateMachineDiagram Transition > Label:stereotype {
}

Otherwise, can you precise your needed ?
Thanks in advance.

HTH,
Nicolas
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1800793 is a reply to message #1800788] Tue, 08 January 2019 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Please note that my warning:

Quote:
I usually don't recommend this, because IDs may change without notice (Although this doesn't really happen in practice):

actually became true not so long after. Papyrus moved away from integer-based IDs to String-based, so any numeric ID used in CSS will now be broken (It happened in Neon, IIRC)

So the low-level type for Transition Stereotype Labels ("7003") became "Transition_StereotypeLabel". This means you should use [type="Transition_StereotypeLabel"] rather than [type="7003"]

Still, Nicolas' option is the recommended way, as it should remain compatible across Papyrus versions. Label[kind=Stereotype] should also work, and should remain supported in the future (Although I didn't test it)

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1800794 is a reply to message #1800793] Tue, 08 January 2019 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, the original bug has been fixed (I'm not sure when exactly, but I can't reproduce it anymore):

461055: [StateMachineDiagram] The notationTypesMapping extension point is not properly populated
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=461055

So low-level ID workarounds shouldn't be required anymore

Camille Letavernier
Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1800795 is a reply to message #1800794] Tue, 08 January 2019 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Cristoforetti is currently offline Luca CristoforettiFriend
Thanks Camille,
your suggestion works good. Using the String-based ID solved the issue.

Probably the bug has been solved in a more recent version than my one: I tried also the other solutions, but they don't work for Transitions (although they are good for Associations):

/* NOT WORKING */
StateMachineDiagram Transition > Label[kind=stereotype] {
}

/* NOT WORKING */
StateMachineDiagram Transition > Label:stereotype {
}

/* WORKING */
StateMachineDiagram Transition > [type="Transition_StereotypeLabel"] {
}

Thank you very much
Luca

Re: css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram [message #1800799 is a reply to message #1800795] Tue, 08 January 2019 13:48 Go to previous message
Hi Luca,

The attributes are case sensitive, so [kind=stereotype] would never work; it should be [kind=Stereotype] (Capital S).

It seems that the bug was fixed in August 2017 (slightly before Oxygen.1), so that fix wouldn't exist in Neon regardless.

Cheers,
Camille

Camille Letavernier

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2019 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Label on component elements in Component Diagram
Next Topic:SysML Substitution relation - not visible in diagrams and palette
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:53:31 GMT 2024