Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Lock-modify-unlock procedure implementation with Eclipse and Subversive
Lock-modify-unlock procedure implementation with Eclipse and Subversive [message #1635080] Wed, 25 February 2015 16:04 Go to next message
Gianni Fioretta is currently offline Gianni FiorettaFriend
Hi,
I need to set up an environment for a team of developers based on lock-modify-unlock procedure.
I've found that with Eclipse and Subversive you can lock files, and that's good.
Sadly I've found that if I lock a file, I can open and modify it from another workstation, and the file lock is notified only at commit time.

Is there a way to make this more error proof, preventing file opening if locked and refreshing locked files automatically on other workstations?

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Re: Lock-modify-unlock procedure implementation with Eclipse and Subversive [message #1645524 is a reply to message #1635080] Mon, 02 March 2015 15:03 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

When this property is set (to any value) on a file, whenever the file is checked out or updated, the local copy is made read-only unless that working copy holds a lock for the file. This acts as a warning that you should not edit that file unless you have first acquired the lock. There is a way to forcibly take over the lock, but in that case whoever uses this option clearly understands what he's doing. So, there should be no such problem as "I changed the file unknowingly".
Previous Topic:Create patch as file - encoding
Next Topic:Subversive Compatibility versions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:40:35 GMT 2024