Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » SVG shapes for Sequence Diagram
SVG shapes for Sequence Diagram [message #1634869] Wed, 25 February 2015 13:50 Go to next message
Ramon Barakat is currently offline Ramon BarakatFriend
Hi everybody,

I checked out the youtube video about custom SVG shapes and the question from Grischa Liebel ( Forum: "Change Shape of CombinedFragment" ) if there is a way to show and custom a SVG shape in a Sequence Diagram. There you point to the Mars version.

Is there currently in Papyrus v1.1.0 (Mars) a possibility for this ?

Also I would like to know, is there a way to use SVG images without using stereotypes ?

Regards,
Ramon
Re: SVG shapes for Sequence Diagram [message #1634884 is a reply to message #1634869] Wed, 25 February 2015 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

In Sequence Diagrams, Shapes are not supported. It is however possible to add an overlay on an existing element (e.g. Lifeline)

It is not planed for Eclipse Mars either, but if you have a very specific use case (Ideally with an example of what you'd like to achieve), we may look into it (If it fits in the generic framework currently implemented). I have difficulties to imagine how a Sequence Diagram could be customized

You can add custom shapes using CSS Stylesheets, with the svgFile property (See https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/Papyrus/UserGuide/CSS#Style_properties)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: SVG shapes for Sequence Diagram [message #1710502 is a reply to message #1634869] Wed, 07 October 2015 08:07 Go to previous message
Grischa Liebel is currently offline Grischa LiebelFriend
Let's dig this out again.
I would have a specific use case (and would be curious to know whether it's possible as of now). I would like to make certain combinedfragments (e.g. assert) look like the the 'boxes' in Figure 2 here: http://jgreen.de/wp-content/documents/2015/greenyer-et-al-ESEC-FSE-scenarios-in-automotive-camera-ready.pdf

So basically just a SVG shape and the condition inside it.

Is this possible? If not, when will it be?
Previous Topic:Copying elements from one model to another losing stereotypes
Next Topic:Is there any easy way to remove all references to SysML from Papyrus?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:44:16 GMT 2024