Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem
Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem [message #1631158] Mon, 23 February 2015 16:22 Go to next message
Randall DeBacker is currently offline Randall DeBackerFriend
Hello,

I am trying to find a way to have dynamic text somehow break and then show up on the next page because I must have a footer that shows up only on the first page, but the footer cannot go on the master page because the information must changed based on the what customer it is currently on. I have tried using page variables on the footer based on the information that comes from the list, but it is behind one when I run it using the 'view PDF' in Eclipse which is how my system seems to use the same type on rendering..... To add to the problem I have order information that can be X amount long but I limited that to only showing 4 on the first page and everything else on the next page. These 4 have to show up on the first page and cannot be moved off. So I guess my question would be is there a way to do this with dynamic text or if it goes past its designated area to make it show up after the order information on the second page. I will not know the size of it and to make matters worse it could have 5 words on one line and then a enter and more words after it. On another form I have static text that would go after the dynamic text, but I'm sure this is enough problems to try and solve right now.

My system uses XML and must print out in a PDF, but I converted the form to have the same look as it would but I used the ClassicModels Database that comes onto Eclipse as I have seen is what is wanted in other posts on this site.
Re: Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem [message #1633350 is a reply to message #1631158] Tue, 24 February 2015 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I was unable to open your report design.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem [message #1633370 is a reply to message #1633350] Tue, 24 February 2015 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm weird it works for me. I uploaded it in Chrome that could be the problem now Im uploading it in IE.

Let me know if it works this time
Re: Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem [message #1633425 is a reply to message #1633370] Tue, 24 February 2015 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It opens blank and I get a nullPointerException and have to restart Eclipse. Not sure what's happening, but Eclipse/BIRT doesn't like it.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem [message #1633448 is a reply to message #1633425] Tue, 24 February 2015 21:46 Go to previous message
I'll just send it in a .txt file Sad not sure why it does not work.... work fine for me when I download it.
Previous Topic:dateTime unwanted Crosstab grouping
Next Topic:Unable to run BIRT Design in Java EE Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:52:46 GMT 2024