Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Generating property view configuration problem
Generating property view configuration problem [message #1631053] Mon, 23 February 2015 15:05 Go to next message
Marijan Zemljic is currently offline Marijan ZemljicFriend
I have a question regarding the properties view configuration tool that is available in Papyrus.
I'm trying to generate a custom properties view configuration from my UML profile which is defined as an extension of another UML profile (I will call this one the Base profile).
Problem is that the tool doesn't recognize that my profile is defined as extension of the Base profile and therefore doesn't generate any properties of stereotypes defined in the Base profile. Even worse, I cannot even add them manually afterwards. Basically the tool doesn't recognize profile dependencies even though it should. Example for XtProperty stereotype is depicted in attached figure. I tried all combinations of generation strategies (with and without dependencies) but I always get same result (see attached figure). Is there any way to resolve this, or this is a bug?

Thanks,
Marijan
Re: Generating property view configuration problem [message #1631308 is a reply to message #1631053] Mon, 23 February 2015 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Marijan,

The options "Generate dependencies in the same file" or "Generate dependencies in different files" should work.

However, the wizard never shows inherited properties, even if they are inherited from another Stereotype in the same Profile: it assumes that, if you check the property in the more abstract stereotype, then it will be generated in all specializations of this stereotype

So, using "Generate Dependencies in Different files", you should see the two profiles in the Properties View wizard, with all stereotypes from each. Then, if you press Finish and look at the generated properties view configuration, properties should be properly inherited.

If it doesn't work, then it is definitely a bug

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Generating property view configuration problem [message #1632580 is a reply to message #1631308] Tue, 24 February 2015 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marijan Zemljic is currently offline Marijan ZemljicFriend
Hi Camille,

Thanks for the quick response.
As I mentioned I tried all generation strategies but I always get same result -> No properties from the base profile are recognized.
I made a new test with two very simple profile definitions (project attached) and I can confirm that if stereotype inherits from another stereotype defined in the same profile then properties are recognized but if it inherits from a stereotype defined in another profile then they are not, regardless of the strategy. I would presume then that this is a bug.

Thanks,
Marijan
  • Attachment: test.zip
    (Size: 10.67KB, Downloaded 101 times)
Re: Generating property view configuration problem [message #1634573 is a reply to message #1632580] Wed, 25 February 2015 10:36 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Indeed, I've been able to reproduce the bug. The properties view configurations are properly generated, but the relationship between them is not generated

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:How to get an "required" only Port on a component
Next Topic:Papyrus Plugin issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:43:31 GMT 2024