Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to get an "required" only Port on a component
How to get an "required" only Port on a component [message #1627187] Sat, 21 February 2015 11:16 Go to next message
Francois LL is currently offline Francois LLFriend
Hi,
I'm very new to Papyrus, sorry for basic question.

My issue is that I can't make the port of the attached screenshot to "require" the interface only, it says it provides the interface as well. I try to remove the interface "velocity" from the "provided" box and I can't.

As far as I understand UML, if a port requires an interface, it means it doesn't provide it Rolling Eyes

Do I do something wrong ?

Thanks a lot for hints.
Re: How to get an "required" only Port on a component [message #1630547 is a reply to message #1627187] Mon, 23 February 2015 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Francois,

A Port typed with a Interface automatically means it "provides" this interface. Both "Provided" and "Required" interfaces are derived, according to the following rules:

- Provided: If a Port is typed with an Interface, it provides this interface. If a Port is typed with a Class, it provides the Interfaces realized (Via InterfaceRealization) by this class
- Required: If a Port is typed with a Class, it requires the interfaces Used (Via Usage links) by this Class

So you should type your port with a Class rather than an Interface

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How to get an "required" only Port on a component [message #1630640 is a reply to message #1630547] Mon, 23 February 2015 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois LL is currently offline Francois LLFriend
Hi Camille,

Thanks a lot for the answer, I tried and it worked well. Perfect.

Quick question on top, it this "written" somewhere ? Eg is there a book I can buy where this concept is explained ? If yes, I'll buy it and for sure I'll find many other great things to know about UML in practice and Papyrus.

About me: I'm an informatic developper who wants to build an application. But the app becomes too complicated to be managed "in mind" only. I need a modeling tool to keep track about requirements, objects, relationships, usecases, constraints... This is why I move toward UML today.

To learn UML, I already bought a book on the topic: "UML 2 Analyse et conception / J Gabay, D Gabay / Dunod", which is very great to start, but I didn't find in it for example the answer to my question above. I need now something more practical and... in english (language of Papyrus).

Thanks for reco and for all the help of the "forum-ers" Nod

Re: How to get an "required" only Port on a component [message #1631006 is a reply to message #1630640] Mon, 23 February 2015 14:31 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Francois,

In this case, I simply referred to the UML Specification. The description is also available in the Properties View, as a tooltip of the edited property, i.e. provided/required (The tooltip is extracted from the UML Specification).

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Statemachine autosize/resize problem (not just programmatically)
Next Topic:Generating property view configuration problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:01:00 GMT 2024