Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » PartStack as shared element - issues with MinMaxAddon
PartStack as shared element - issues with MinMaxAddon [message #1626087] Fri, 20 February 2015 20:30 Go to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

I recently came across an issue with Perspectives, Shared Elements and the MinMaxAddon.

I created a Perspective and added a Placeholder. The Placeholder references a Shared Element, which I defined to be a PartStack that contains a single part.

If I now minimize the part, a NullPointerException is thrown (with Luna). In Mars the view vanishes without opening a trim that contains the button for making the part visible again. This is because of a bugfix I contributed lately to avoid a ClassCastException in a specifc case.

While debugging I've found out that UIElementImpl#getParent() returns null for a PartStack that is a Shared Element. If I fix this with a check in the MinMaxAddon#getWindowFor(), returning the parent of the curSharedRef, the minimizing is working well again. But on restoring the PartStack is shown in the trim bar.

So the first question before I investigate further is, is it supported to have a PartStack or PartSash as Shared Element?

Greez,
Dirk
Re: PartStack as shared element - issues with MinMaxAddon [message #1629732 is a reply to message #1626087] Sun, 22 February 2015 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
[...]

> So the first question before I investigate further is, is it supported
> to have a PartStack or PartSash as Shared Element?

Yes this is supported.

Tom
Re: PartStack as shared element - issues with MinMaxAddon [message #1629843 is a reply to message #1629732] Sun, 22 February 2015 23:18 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Then either the MinMaxAddon is broken for such cases or there is an issue in the model. I tried to solve the issue this weekend. I got it working for correct minimizing with several adjustments where I added checks if the parent is null but the curSharedRef set. But on restoring the minimized part in the hidden partstack is not shown again. I debugged a lot, but I do not find the difference in restoring a shared ref container with restoring a shared ref part in a container.

Any hints are welcome...
Previous Topic:Moved to a new computer. Eclipse won't open
Next Topic:Reference toolbar from part definition in e4xmi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 22 22:55:03 GMT 2024