Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Internal Error in WindowBuilder
icon5.gif  Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1625385] Fri, 20 February 2015 10:44 Go to next message
Thomas Jochens is currently offline Thomas JochensFriend
I've got since a while the problem, that I cannot execute the Design page of the WindowBuilder. I got the following error:

index.php/fa/20932/0/

Internal Error

WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error.

This could be caused by a WindowBuilder bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial update, etc.

Hide stack trace.
Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:247)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh_fetch(ObjectInfo.java:645)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.access$1(ComponentInfo.java:1)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo$3.run(ComponentInfo.java:142)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:181)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:140)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:251)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.access$1(ComponentInfo.java:1)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo$3.run(ComponentInfo.java:142)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:181)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:140)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:251)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6$1.run(ObjectInfo.java:496)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:145)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6.run(ObjectInfo.java:494)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.utils.SwingUtils$2.run(SwingUtils.java:76)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:744)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:697)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:691)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Full context stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:247)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6$1.run(ObjectInfo.java:496)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:145)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6.run(ObjectInfo.java:494)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.utils.SwingUtils$2.run(SwingUtils.java:76)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:744)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:697)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:691)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I have no idea, what the problem is. I can click on "Reparse", but this doesn't help.

I see no error in the code, but I don't want to make an exception. Maybe I overlook something.

I have the following versions installed:
index.php/fa/20934/0/

In the last week I had installed updates with the function "Help -> Check for updates" in the hope this would help.

I have also added a report from Eclipse.
Re: Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1625391 is a reply to message #1625385] Fri, 20 February 2015 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Jochens is currently offline Thomas JochensFriend
I have solved it. Problem was the table. I don't know, what was wrong, but the table was only a test.
Re: Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1646884 is a reply to message #1625391] Tue, 03 March 2015 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ritesh Tripathi is currently offline Ritesh TripathiFriend
What Table ??
Can You Explain It ?
I Also Having This problem and dont know how to solve it so please help me
Re: Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1652277 is a reply to message #1646884] Thu, 05 March 2015 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If you are having a problem, you should be more specific about it. I would also recommend posting a test case.
icon14.gif  Re: Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1665175 is a reply to message #1625385] Wed, 11 March 2015 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahul Madakatti is currently offline Rahul MadakattiFriend
Use the java mode in the top righthand corner of eclipse .It should be on JEE mode to produce this error
Re: Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1667811 is a reply to message #1665175] Thu, 12 March 2015 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilton Arotingo is currently offline Nilton ArotingoFriend
I also have the same problem of Thomas Jochens with my windows builder (Error Internal). I would like to solve it.
Re: Internal Error in WindowBuilder [message #1675011 is a reply to message #1667811] Sun, 15 March 2015 00:20 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If you would like to solve the problem, I would recommend posting some information about it.

It is also highly unlikely that you are having the same problem of Thomas Jochens unless you are also editing his source code.
Previous Topic:Contractors working on WB
Next Topic:Java Window Bulider help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:11:54 GMT 2024