Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » State machine execution in Moka(Not able to execute state machine in Moka)
State machine execution in Moka [message #1623760] Thu, 19 February 2015 10:04 Go to next message
Abhijit Deshpande is currently offline Abhijit DeshpandeFriend
Hi,

I am using Papyrus from Eclipse Luna for modeling and Moka for model execution. Even though, I could execute sample model available at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/UserGuide/ModelExecution using Moka; this model uses only activities.

And, when I tried to execute my own state machine based model; moka failed with error "An unexpected error occurred during execution. See error log for details". Here I have couple questions:

1. Does moka support model execution with state machine? If yes, is there any sample model available to try out?
2. Where can I find "error log" mentioned in moka error message? I checked papyrus console etc., but there were no errors.

Thanks,
Abhijit Deshpande
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1623766 is a reply to message #1623760] Thu, 19 February 2015 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
1. Does moka support model execution with state machine? If yes, is there any sample model available to try out?

Not yet: State Machines are not part of fUML (Which currently includes Class, Activities, and an extension for Composite Structures). However, there is some work in progress for adding a StateMachine extension in fUML.

Quote:
2. Where can I find "error log" mentioned in moka error message? I checked papyrus console etc., but there were no errors.

Window > Show view > Error log

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1623775 is a reply to message #1623766] Thu, 19 February 2015 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhijit Deshpande is currently offline Abhijit DeshpandeFriend
Hi Camille,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. So, is there any other way (tool) to execute state machine in Papyrus?

Regards,
Abhijit
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1624945 is a reply to message #1623775] Fri, 20 February 2015 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Abhijit,

The recently proposed Papyrus for RealTime project will be able to generate code to execute a state machine, albeit with some limitations. However, you'll have to wait for the Mars release (June 2015) for the first release.

/Charles Rivet
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1840678 is a reply to message #1623760] Wed, 21 April 2021 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albert Johnson is currently offline Albert JohnsonFriend
Hello,

I am bringing back this topic because I would like to know if now it is possible to execute state amchine diagram in Moka. When I try to do it I have the same error as mention in the very first post.

Also, if it is now possible to simulate, is it possible for the state machine to communicate between each other through signals?

Thank you.

Albert
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1840723 is a reply to message #1840678] Thu, 22 April 2021 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello Albert,

Yes it is now possible to simulate State Machine Diagrams.

Concerning the exception you get, can you give us a stack trace ? Can you check that your State Machine property isActive has been set to true ?

Best regards,
Pauine
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1840731 is a reply to message #1840723] Thu, 22 April 2021 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albert Johnson is currently offline Albert JohnsonFriend
Hello Pauline,

Indeed, I did not activate the isActive property, thank you!
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1841214 is a reply to message #1840723] Thu, 06 May 2021 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Malagon is currently offline Manuel MalagonFriend
Pauline Deville wrote on Thu, 22 April 2021 08:11
Yes it is now possible to simulate State Machine Diagrams.

Pauline,

Is there any documentation on how to do this? Simulating state machine diagrams is something that would be of great benefit to me but I have absolutely no idea how to even begin doing this.

Thanks!
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1841552 is a reply to message #1841214] Thu, 20 May 2021 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

We are sorry but this documentation has not been written yet because of projects constraints.

Brest regards,
Pauline
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1850733 is a reply to message #1623760] Tue, 15 March 2022 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Hello,

According to its documentation MOKA is compliant with PSSM 1.0 which is defined on top of UML 2.5.1.

However it looks like the Eclipse implementation of UML is still stuck on 2.5 that is not compatible with 2.5.1 State Machines.

How to deal with that?

Yves
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1850815 is a reply to message #1850733] Thu, 17 March 2022 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,
Papyrus is based on UML2.5 So MOKA should be based on 2.5 also.
In the norm of PSSM 1.0, I read
"Syntactically, this specification extends fUML with a (large) subset of the
abstract syntax of state machines as given in the OMG Unified Modeling Language specification [UML] (Clause 14, for
UML 2.5 and later)" page 1 or 13 with a viewer.
So I think that this is not a mistake to say that Moka is compliant with PSSM1.0 and UML2.5.

Patrick
Re: State machine execution in Moka [message #1850819 is a reply to message #1850815] Thu, 17 March 2022 14:36 Go to previous message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Hi Patrick,
That's a good point... And maybe an issue in the specification. I'll cross-check this with Ed S. because, to me, v2.5.1 was issued specifically on requests coming from the PSSM working group! :-)

Yves
Previous Topic:[C++ Code Gen] Inheritance and ports
Next Topic:Maven Failed to resolve target definition and Failed to load p2 metadata repository from location ht
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:14:43 GMT 2024